International Finland's President explains to President Moron that they don't rake forests to prevent forest fires

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So it all started when President Dipshit blamed the forest fires on poor forest management:

But there's no way President Dumb Ass would stop after saying something merely a little stupid. He went on to carefully explain that California should have been raking its forests, like Finland does, as Trump has been advocating for a long time. He finished his insane gibberish by promising to deliver a great climate.

https://www.dw.com/en/us-president-donald-trump-visits-california-wildfire-devastation/a-46342096

Trump had caused resentment last week when he wrote: "There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests."

He claimed Finland did not have California's wildfire problems because "they spent a lot of time on raking."

Trump visited the areas devastated by the exceptional fires and toxic air to grasp the scale of the desolation wrought on the landscape. He met with Governor Jerry Brown and Governor-elect Gavin Newsom: "We will be talking about forest management. I've been saying that for a long time. And it could have been a lot different situation," Trump said.

Asked if the fires had changed his opinion on climate change, Trump replied: "No. No. I have a strong opinion. I want a great climate and we're going to have that and we're going to have forests that are very safe."

Finland's President was baffled by how stupid a world leader could be...

https://www.dw.com/en/finlands-president-to-donald-trump-we-dont-rake-forests/a-46348875

Finland's president to Donald Trump: We don't rake forests

During a visit to wildfires-hit California, the US president had said Finland routinely raked its forests to foil fires. Finnish President Sauli Niinisto responded, saying he was not sure where Trump got the idea.

... and the Fins, themselves, were delighted with how stupid a world leader could be.

Luckily, President Dumb Shit will save America from unraked forests. #MakeAmericaDerpAgain

Pretty funny. Makes me wonder what he thought he knew.

Time to send some good ol' freedom to Finland.

I'd be shocked if Trump has ever held a rake in his life

Of course since forest management strategy is so dependent on the geography (latitude included) and flora, I'm not sure why he thought Finland could possibly be a good model for California.
Even if raking was their solution...

Well who would have guessed, the president of the United States is being obstinately stupid.
Gosh, this is a shock

I like forests that don't need to be raked.

Hasn’t California outlawed clearing brush in hopes of saving native wildlife? Maybe that’s what he meant?

This is beyond stupid on so many levels even for Trump.
You can tell he is a salesman as soon as he doesn't know what to say he starts to just talk some incoherent nonsense.
This might work fine selling condos to Russians looking to launder money.

But as president? The issue is also that he has such little knowledge about subjects for a president.
He couldn't have just ask someone to give him some possible solution for wildfire prevention so he could bring them at the interview at the scene? I mean who is running the show that they don't come up with this kind of basic stuff.

Hasn’t California outlawed clearing brush in hopes of saving native wildlife? Maybe that’s what he meant?
Yep. I doubt he meant it as actually raking, but that won’t stop the trump bashing circle jerk from commencing.

This is beyond stupid on so many levels even for Trump.
You can tell he is a salesman as soon as he doesn't know what to say he starts to just talk some incoherent nonsense.
This might work fine selling condos to Russians looking to launder money.

But as president? The issue is also that he has such little knowledge about subjects for a president.
He couldn't have just ask someone to give him some possible solution for wildfire prevention so he could bring them at the interview at the scene? I mean who is running the show that they don't come up with this kind of basic stuff.

He's a populist authoritarian, not a technocrat.
The history of this administration and it's turnover really spells that out.

Trump said:
Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."
"I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

Yep. I doubt he meant it as actually raking, but that won’t stop the trump bashing circle jerk from commencing.

You don't think a president going to the screen of a huge wildfire that just killed 80 people should have informed himself to an extent that he knows the correct term would not be "raking the forest".
He is either an idiot or he doesn't care. My money is on both.

You can't cut down trees in state land in CA. There are dumb laws. The forests are in need of thinning badly. But you can't even cut diseased trees.

The President is right.

lol that the president thinks that dry brush and leaves are a fire danger! OMG, he is so stoopit.

Back