Finland ends experiment with universal basic income

If humans are primarily motivated by greed and self-interest, as many, particularly on the right, will claim, why would you not expect someone getting X amount from the government to pursue skills and a career that will allow them to make Xx10 or Xx20?
Not all are motivated by greed and self interest and some that are have low standards for self interest. Some are happy to get buy if they have the basics and don’t have to work. To some a shitty apartment with big tv and computer or video games along with booze and some drugs is the ideal life.

Not all are motivated by greed and self interest and some that are have low standards for self interest. Some are happy to get buy if they have the basics and don’t have to work. To some a shitty apartment with big tv and computer or video games along with booze and some drugs is the ideal life.

So, when it comes to money for some, we apply the "they'll use the money to make more money" assumption. When it comes to money for others, we apply the "they'll use the money to take it easy" assumption.

Seems inconsistent to me.

They're trying to be impartial by keeping everything in the journalistic No Spin zone. These original sources all have ideological agendas. Fox just does the dry reporting and let's each reader or viewer decide for themselves.
LOL

So you're saying only a limited percentage of the population would be satisfied with a lifetime of low-income stagnancy?

What number do your calculations place this percentage at?

I saw this, I would like to read their findings when they eventually publish them.

I'd like to read them too before we get a hundred and one different stories stating why this is good/bad without anything legs to stand on but seems too late for that already.

So, when it comes to money for some, we apply the "they'll use the money to make more money" assumption. When it comes to money for others, we apply the "they'll use the money to take it easy" assumption.

But as an equivocation it has proven extremely effective politically.

So, I ask myself, why do people keep posting Fox News reports that are about articles published by other sources, instead of just posting the original source? Hm.
this is the war room. people here dont source info, lols.

I am. I am not saying all have this mentality but there are a lot that do. Why work when they get free money? Most people that want to work and better themselves do not take government handouts.

I am. I am not saying all have this mentality but there are a lot that do. Why work when they get free money? Most people that want to work and better themselves do not take government handouts.

So by extension, you're agreeing that plenty of people will take the free money and use it to make more money?

So by extension, you're agreeing that plenty of people will take the free money and use it to make more money?

If it was plenty of people Finland would not have stopped the program and its Finland, where people actually have an education.

Findings were... People stopped working

have no clue but I´m sure if I read the findings that was the result

Incorrect.

The results of the experimentation will result from the employment effects of the base experiment.

- Effects will not be reported during the trial, as public processing of the results could affect the behavior of test and control individuals. That would distort the results of the research, Kangas says.

http://www.kela.fi/-/kansainvalisessa-mediassa-virheellista-tietoa-perustulokokeilun-paattymisesta

The experiment hasn't ended yet.

Findings were... People stopped working

have no clue but I´m sure if I read the findings that was the result
If it was plenty of people Finland would not have stopped the program and its Finland, where people actually have an education.

Based on your first post, I'm going to ignore your second post.

I saw this, I would like to read their findings when they eventually publish them.

This. The program had an end date so they could evaluate the data. Everyone is ignoring this largely i find. We wont know its success/fail until it has been analyzed.

With the way societies and technology are developing there just won't be jobs for everyone. Sooner or later either UBI or a strong welfare state will have to happen.

Basic income seems like a great way to provide potential drug dealers/criminals with some startup cash and some funds to cover incidentals. Since, you know, they will technically still be unemployed...

nobody should get free money just for breathing, that's crazy

when your kid runs of money b/c they're incompetent, do you simply give them more allowance just b/c?

I hope not

nobody should get free money just for breathing, that's crazy

when your kid runs of money b/c they're incompetent, do you simply give them more allowance just b/c?

I hope not

do you throw them into the street instead, lol, or do you keep feeding them? Weird analogy, although I do get your larger point.

Back