financial stress for cancer patients

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
The republican platform is to lower taxes for everyone. Weird how people act like that's only for the rich

Also what's a sensible rate? Corporate tax in the US is already very high and driving companies out

Yes, lower taxes for everyone while doing nothing about spending, compounding the problem....

"UHC works in the rest of the world, why not in the US?"

I'm legit sick of explaining the reasons that our government already pays more per person for healthcare than those countries and how we would need to solve all of them before we could move to such a system

So what happens if you dont have chickens already and dont have much of value to barter for livestock? You just go die?
You come to my place after I've bred a few chicks and I give you a few and you can start breeding yours and getting eggs yourself.

We'd be going back to pioneer living.

Shooting squirrels, trapping bever and muskrats, fishing etc.

You come to my place after I've bred a few chicks and I give you a few and you can start breeding yours and getting eggs yourself.

We'd be going back to pioneer living.

Shooting squirrels, trapping bever and muskrats, fishing etc.

So every rural resident across the country comes to your house and takes your chicks, and you'll willingly give them up? ok.

Also hens dont lay eggs until at least 6 months of age, so what does this person do for 6 months about food? Not only that, he needs a rooster as well, so unless you got one, nothing is going to be born from that egg, its just food, and not enough to feed a family.

How long you gonna keep this charade up? You're just sounding more and more ridiculous. do you really think country people are gonna have a fulfilling lifestyle in this century living as the pioneers did on subsistence farming and hunting-gathering? And you think they're gonna last longer than the urban folk?

So every rural resident across the country comes to your house and takes your chicks, and you'll willingly give them up? ok.

Also hens dont lay eggs until at least 6 months of age, so what does this person do for 6 months about food? Not only that, he needs a rooster as well, so unless you got one, nothing is going to be born from that egg, its just food, and not enough to feed a family.

How long you gonna keep this charade up? You're just sounding more and more ridiculous. do you really think country people are gonna have a fulfilling lifestyle in this century living as the pioneers did on subsistence farming and hunting-gathering? And you think they're gonna last longer than the urban folk?
When the benefits run out or when the EBT's don't work, you will see this stuff.

Some chickens start laying at 18 weeks.

hahaha

hilariously untrue post

None of that will be accomplished unless we remove campaign financing as free speech. Medical Insurers support both sides playa, how do you think costs got this way in the first place?

you tried, respect tho

I guess that's one way to admit you do not know how insurance markets work.

Feel free to help cancer patients pay for their healthcare costs. Literally nothing is stopping you or many others from doing so. I'm sure many people don't have to steal other people's money to help out either.

One of the qualities of a good life is to have enough savings saved away to afford crisis situations. If you haven't done that, then you simply didn't prepare well enough in your life. You didn't do what was necessary to live a good life, simple as that. Now you want the government to bail you out for your short-comings.

I am not opposed to some amount of money going to healthcare for more fringe cases of people who have just gotten the short end of the stick in life (born with some unknown/expensive to treat disease or something). Even some of the absolute basics, like birthing a child and maybe one free checkup a year. But having to pay for people to go to the doctor to get prescribed some cold medicine? Or having to pay some random 70 year old's cancer treatments when they had 70 years to get their shit together somehow escapes my sympathies. And who knows what the circumstances of the cancer are (could be self-caused by bad diet, smoking, lack of exercise, etc.).

Property owners don't rely on the generosity of their neighbors in order to exclusively control certain resources. I doubt you say things like "If you think someone is entitled to X, feel free to restrain yourself from using it." People with expensive needs shouldn't have to rely on individual acts of generosity either.

Differences in material comfort should be based on effort and talent, not healthcare needs. Structuring society in a way that leaves some people with much less opportunity to enjoy the fruit of their labor because they need to spend a fortune just to stay alive is rotten. Equating taxation with stealing only makes you look like a retard.

Last edited by a moderator:
government subsidizing costs isn't the issue, that's ridiculous. Earn some damn keep

the costs itself are the issue. You wouldn't need government subsidies if the costs were affordable, just saying

This is trueish.

The biggest issue is the insane costs.

But the best way to reduce costs is single payer. Side benefit everyone gets covered, but to some that's a negative.

I can somewhat understand the American reluctance to go single payer because the existing system is sooo shit they just can't imagine how much better single payer is.

Mur-ka needs single-payer option.

Its painfully obvious now. Enact it and watch the insurance company mountebanks wither and die off of everyones backs while everyone gets covered and saves a zhit ton of money.

This is trueish.

The biggest issue is the insane costs.

But the best way to reduce costs is single payer. Side benefit everyone gets covered, but to some that's a negative.

I can somewhat understand the American reluctance to go single payer because the existing system is sooo shit they just can't imagine how much better single payer is.
it's not even that

it's more the fact that we have an absurd amount of fat people (generally also poor, funny how that works), we'll then be required to fund tranny surgery and other ridiculous things

if it was optional, i'd be totally down for it. Forcing people though? no thanks

Cancer patients have had to pay 10 - 30% of their income on out of pocket costs.

But not all will pay their bill. You and I will pay the bill for them. That is why medical costs have gone up. Those who have money help pay for those who don't through inflated hospital/medical bills. Also, insurance rates.

it's not even that

it's more the fact that we have an absurd amount of fat people (generally also poor, funny how that works), we'll then be required to fund tranny surgery and other ridiculous things

if it was optional, i'd be totally down for it. Forcing people though? no thanks

Hey Aussies are fat too.

You get forced into paying for lots of things, i wouldn't mind being forced into cutting my health costs by like half.

do yourself a favor and maintain your health. stop eating shitty food and exercise. i couldn't imagine being swamped with debt while trying to maintain living.

They just need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps

Mur-ka needs single-payer option.

Its painfully obvious now. Enact it and watch the insurance company mountebanks wither and die off of everyones backs while everyone gets covered and saves a zhit ton of money.

But..but..but the doctors wont be able to get a new Lamborghini every month!!!! They will go to Russia to practice medicine because they can't afford their cocaine!!

Back