Finally! Gif Proof of Conor McGregor Running for a Full Minute Out of 5 Rounds for UFC202 in 6 Gifs

He won 3 / 4 / 5 in my book.

I also took points for the running.

Also I'm split as fuck for the second round.. there was some baiting happening in that round and I'm not exactly convince those were hard shots that sent him down and in the end of the round the real dangerous was Nate trying to end the fight so yea.. but hey give it to Conor and with the same leniency I gave the edge in round 4 to Nate.

Fight is for Nate or a draw not a Conor win, at least that's my opinion, you clearly have it different.

We we can agree to disagree on the scoring then, fair enough. But how did you give Diaz the 4th? Cannot understand that...

Just a copy n paste from fight metric, Conor also landed the better strikes in that round:

Nate Diaz - 36 of 63 sig strikes
Conor McGregor - 46 of 76 sig strikes.

Conor, he was standing over his prey after smashing him to the ground.

usa-today-9493965.0.jpg

...and like any lion who has a gazelle trapped...

...squeeks a win out on points.

We we can agree to disagree on the scoring then, fair enough. But how did you give Diaz the 4th? Cannot understand that...

Just a copy n paste from fight metric, Conor also landed the better strikes in that round:

Nate Diaz - 36 of 63 sig strikes
Conor McGregor - 46 of 76 sig strikes.

Well if we only go for the sig strikes stats I'm sure you can find a round for Nate in there right ? that second round I think he landed more but I don't give it to Nate I fallow the count but not that close and just give it for the exact number of strikes and who had 5-10 more and I just tag it for that dude.

Nope I look differently, I look for danger, for aggression, for control, for pushing the pace, for who is bringing the fight, for the one looking to advance positions,etc etc a ton of shit not just numbers of strikes.

Round 4 was clunky indeed but hey Randy made a career out of winning rounds like that with octagon control, clinch control, pushing against the cage holding and trying to control him and landing some dirty boxing.

So yea I gave Nate that round but like I said I totally see why others have that as a draw for example and I also get the people that complain about the second round, I can't give it to Nate so easily but I do see their points that's why I'm thinking I can see a draw for that to if you factor in and watch some different angles of those knockdowns some were so clean in fact I think he went down from the damage to his leg and the posture / position he was in.. or yea maybe he did in fact was rocked but if so why didn't Conor fallow the hurt, rocked fighter on auto pilot for the GnP to end it ? you can't be competitive with him for 30 sec of BJJ with top position on a hurt opponent really now ? in 2016 ? from a top fighter with a top camp at the highest level possible in the sport or did Conor felt that he ain't done and this is a trap and he better stay composed.

Hell Conor came in totally ready to game plan Diaz and was a man on a mission to not lose and win that bout while Nate really did look like he under-performed be it from the injuries, leg kicks, game-planned, just overall relaxing cause he was overconfident etc I don't know but that wasn't the best possible Nate I think fight 3 would be very different.

I just found it really silly the way he celebrated after like it was this amazing feat he just game-planed a Diaz bro on his second try on a training camp build specifically anti Nate .. to drop the 2 x surprise speech that it didn't even catch on was forced and felt rehearsed

Well if we only go for the sig strikes stats I'm sure you can find a round for Nate in there right ? that second round I think he landed more but I don't give it to Nate I fallow the count but not that close and just give it for the exact number of strikes and who had 5-10 more and I just tag it for that dude.

Nope I look differently, I look for danger, for aggression, for control, for pushing the pace, for who is bringing the fight, for the one looking to advance positions,etc etc a ton of shit not just numbers of strikes.

Round 4 was clunky indeed but hey Randy made a career out of winning rounds like that with octagon control, clinch control, pushing against the cage holding and trying to control him and landing some dirty boxing.

So yea I gave Nate that round but like I said I totally see why others have that as a draw for example and I also get the people that complain about the second round, I can't give it to Nate so easily but I do see their points that's why I'm thinking I can see a draw for that to if you factor in and watch some different angles of those knockdowns some were so clean in fact I think he went down from the damage to his leg and the posture / position he was in.. or yea maybe he did in fact was rocked but if so why didn't Conor fallow the hurt, rocked fighter on auto pilot for the GnP to end it ? you can't be competitive with him for 30 sec of BJJ with top position on a hurt opponent really now ? in 2016 ? from a top fighter with a top camp at the highest level possible in the sport or did Conor felt that he ain't done and this is a trap and he better stay composed.

Hell Conor came in totally ready to game plan Diaz and was a man on a mission to not lose and win that bout while Nate really did look like he under-performed be it from the injuries, leg kicks, game-planned, just overall relaxing cause he was overconfident etc I don't know but that wasn't the best possible Nate I think fight 3 would be very different.

I just found it really silly the way he celebrated after like it was this amazing feat he just game-planed a Diaz bro on his second try on a training camp build specifically anti Nate .. to drop the 2 x surprise speech that it didn't even catch on was forced and felt rehearsed

The celebration was cringe worthy, even though I had him clearly winning it was by no means "the king is back" warranted speech, he did look great in the first 2 rds though.

lol at people claiming McGregor whooped Diaz' ass

What dog shit memories most of you have

It was running. It was also resetting, but it was running, literally jogging away from Nate.
If an elite boxer ever did that, he would be crucified.
They don't have to "run," they clinch to force reset.

Also Mayweather did backpedal a lot vs Pacquiao, more than simply "evading" backpedaling way out of the pocket

And people still question his cardio, proof here he's ready for Alvarez!

Round 1 Conor
Round 2 Conor
Round 3 Nate
Round 4 Nate
Round 5 Nate

I could also see cases for having Round 4 and even 2 as draws. (2 is tricky depends on interpretation and what you value more)

Overall a Diaz win or a draw is what I personally have it.

Also Conor ran from the fight at various points (that for me counts) and Nate most likely baited him in the second round that's why Conor didn't fallow he felt he wasn't that hurt, last the biggest danger moment in the fight was Nate at the end of second when he was putting it hard on Conor.

Alright talk to you later I need to get some sleep now it's 5 in the morning here, I already fucked up my schedule.

<{1-5}>

I know this is really fucking old, but I felt the need to correct this absolutely abhorrent logic you're using.

1. Round 2 was not a draw. Not even close to a draw. Conor knocked him down twice and controlled that round for three minutes. And before you say "but Nate was dropped because he was totally pulling guard bro" I want you to consider a few things.
A. How many times prior to this fight has Nate shown that he likes to pull guard?
B. Do you think that Nate is dumb enough to go down twice to hard shots thinking Conor would follow him, despite Conor already establishing wouldn't follow him down? I mean he went down already, and Conor didn't bother grappling with him. Honestly, if he was dumb enough to flop to two hard shots I'm glad he lost that fight.
3. Why did Nate give zero indication that he was faking? When you reach out to grab something as you're falling that's usually a pretty good indication that you don't like where you are.

And you're also probably going to say "but Nate totally almost finished Conor and was really putting on the pressure"
A. Was he really though? Certainly he was trying to finish Conor, but was that actually close to happening? No, not even a little bit. Big John admitted he wasn't close to stopping the fight at any point. Why? Because he saw the obvious; Conor slipping and dodging most of Nate's punches. Missed punches don't score for anyone.

Now, please explain why Nate could have even come close to getting a draw in a round he obviously lost.

He won 3 / 4 / 5 in my book.

I also took points for the running.

Also I'm split as fuck for the second round.. there was some baiting happening in that round and I'm not exactly convince those were hard shots that sent him down and in the end of the round the real dangerous moment was Nate trying to end the fight so yea.. but hey give it to Conor and with the same leniency I gave the edge in round 4 to Nate.

Fight is for Nate or a draw not a Conor win, at least that's my opinion, you clearly have it different.

You took points for running? What? How does that make any sense whatsoever? He "ran" for about...2% of the fight? A minute out of 25? And you're going to take points?

As I've said before, the real damage moments happened when Conor knocked him down. Nate didn't land much of anything in those flurries. And God, you're really stupid if you think knockdowns are baiting. It's either that or you're just being purposely obtuse and looking for anything to justify Conor losing because you dislike him.

Nate had zero edge in round 4. He layed on Conor for a minute but spent the rest of the round getting beaten up and pounded on. He lost it clearly but...it's almost like you don't like Conor and wanted him to lose.

You took points for running? What? How does that make any sense whatsoever? He "ran" for about...2% of the fight? A minute out of 25? And you're going to take points?

As I've said before, the real damage moments happened when Conor knocked him down. Nate didn't land much of anything in those flurries. And God, you're really stupid if you think knockdowns are baiting. It's either that or you're just being purposely obtuse and looking for anything to justify Conor losing because you dislike him.

Nate had zero edge in round 4. He layed on Conor for a minute but spent the rest of the round getting beaten up and pounded on. He lost it clearly but...it's almost like you don't like Conor and wanted him to lose.
Looked like he was trying to bait him to me

You know that injury excuse was total bullshit right? About as legit as Conor's staff infection before the first fight. And leg kicks? Really? He's always been weak to those. And with game planning, when has he ever Ben known to do that? But even then, you're still wrong. He tried going to the body and clinching with Conor to wear him out.

Looked like he was trying to bait him to me
Nate saw what Conor did the first time he went down along with hearing Conor's corner's advice strictly prohibiting him from following Nate. Conceivably, he may have figured if he went down a second time Conor might have given up the game plan, but a third time? Doesn't make any sense. I mean, I guess Nate might be dumb enough to think third times the charm but...i don't see it.

I know this is really fucking old, but I felt the need to correct this absolutely abhorrent logic you're using.

1. Round 2 was not a draw. Not even close to a draw. Conor knocked him down twice and controlled that round for three minutes. And before you say "but Nate was dropped because he was totally pulling guard bro" I want you to consider a few things.
A. How many times prior to this fight has Nate shown that he likes to pull guard?
B. Do you think that Nate is dumb enough to go down twice to hard shots thinking Conor would follow him, despite Conor already establishing wouldn't follow him down? I mean he went down already, and Conor didn't bother grappling with him. Honestly, if he was dumb enough to flop to two hard shots I'm glad he lost that fight.
3. Why did Nate give zero indication that he was faking? When you reach out to grab something as you're falling that's usually a pretty good indication that you don't like where you are.

And you're also probably going to say "but Nate totally almost finished Conor and was really putting on the pressure"
A. Was he really though? Certainly he was trying to finish Conor, but was that actually close to happening? No, not even a little bit. Big John admitted he wasn't close to stopping the fight at any point. Why? Because he saw the obvious; Conor slipping and dodging most of Nate's punches. Missed punches don't score for anyone.

Now, please explain why Nate could have even come close to getting a draw in a round he obviously lost.

If Conor hurt him so bad then tell me why he didn't fallow him up with some GnP to end him, why didn't he jump on him ?

Could it be cause he didn't feel him that hurt ? could it be Nate did get hit hard and said "I'm just gonna go with it" then the bait didn't work cause Conor was afraid of it or considered he ain't that hurt but Nate realize that can become a safe place and if he fallows it's a death trap.

It can be a draw because it depends how you see the knockdowns it can be like you "omfg he totally fucked him up crowed" or it can be like me "he got him but look Nate isn't in fight ending danger right now".. I said it can be a draw because how the round ended and how you see the knockdowns so yea, I said screw it and gave it to Conor myself but I see how others can rationalize for a draw doesn't mean I go with it but I just see that option.

Overall I saw Conor avoid some good moments with turning away from the action, because he is a LW it looks better then say when Overeem does it and has to hall ass, not a good look for HWs doing it.

It's about momentum it's about Nate going forward and the imagine of Conor turning his back at him and refusing the confruntation it's more then a reset that happens it's avoiding the fight.

Round 4 to me is either a Nate round or a draw round I don't really see other viable options for that one.

Look at that first gif and tell me that's resetting, he would run only to duck and run back the other way.

He was clearly exhausted and running from the exchanges trying to catch his breath

There's also multiple times in those gifs he didn't even end up with a better angle, it had nothing to do with resetting he was buying as much time as he could

Only on Sherdog would a dumbass claim running to prevent exhaustion is somehow a real strategy LOL

He was resetting, he at no point would run then avoid the pocket he would reset then start throwing leather.

Ref even said at no point was he close to warning either of them for timidity.

Also you realise there is a gif of Nate doing the exact same "running" in his fight vs Johnson.

Like seriously TS you are beyond stupid.

Back