Final Fantasy XV, v1: New and free Assassins Creed crossover DLC coming August 31st!

Spending 2 hours killing an optional boss after grinding to level 99 isnt "a game". Its utter stupidity that this got put into the game, jesus. Who would find that fun?
Trust me it was not fun. My wife was watching and between the banality and my complaining, it nearly cost me my marriage.

As a fan of final fantasy for a really long time now, being able to hear past Final Fantasy soundtracks adds a whole lot to the game. I get to chose which music goes with what area, and it just makes the experience so much better. Some of the older games had unforgettable music.

Anyone beat the post game Costlemark dungeon? 60 floors with no healing? Dunno about that one.

Broke a controller against max angelus. Most unbalanced boss in the game. You hit him for 10 damage and he one shots you.

Well it has many flaws and it is a step below the great ones ( I would add XII and IV to your list) but that first disc is very good, plus it has an amazing OST, an interesting setting and triple triad so it still is a fun game imo.

Yeah I never understood the hate for FF8 at all. It has some really great moments in it.

Been playing a couple weeks and just got to chapter 4. I'm level 40 and been doing side quests and hunts a lot.
I'm aware the game has flaws but getting AP while riding in the car listening to old FF tunes is pretty sweet.

Broke a controller against max angelus. Most unbalanced boss in the game. You hit him for 10 damage and he one shots you.

Angelus was ultra annoying, destroying his weapons makes the fight much less infuriating

Been playing a couple weeks and just got to chapter 4. I'm level 40 and been doing side quests and hunts a lot.
I'm aware the game has flaws but getting AP while riding in the car listening to old FF tunes is pretty sweet.

Look for the MP3 player and choose your own world map music. Adds so much to the game.

Look for the MP3 player and choose your own world map music. Adds so much to the game.
It really does. I forgot how much I liked 10's music. Makes me want to give it another play through after I finish this.

I beat Adamantoise. Honestly it's a pretty lame fight. I bought a shit ton of healing items, but didn't really use too many. No one even was really getting hit, I was teh only one occasionally dying and it would be when I miss a point warp and get almost killed by the fall damage. Took me about 2 hours but I took a cheesecake break in between so it probably took 1.5 hours of actual fighting.Naglfar was more of a pain in the ass because teammates were dropping like flies

I have all the trophies except the stuff to level up the Skills (fishing, cooking and survival are left). I also have the menace dungeons to do but not sure when/if I'll actually do them all and if I do it'd probably be one a week or so. I've only done one of them so far. Hoping the updates in the future and DLC are good because I'd love more content in this game.

Nope. Play the holy trinity instead. FF3(6), FF7, and FF9. Things get dicey after that. FF10, and FF12 are alright, but the cracks really start to show. Some crazy people think FF8 is amazing too, but I'll be damned if I can figure out why.
I disliked 8 so much I didn't even bother with 9 until years after 10 had already come out.

9 was great, the soundtrack, the characters (Steiner, Vivi). Brought back the old school feel and moved away from the sci-fi elements of 7 and 8. Top notch.

I'm working through 15. About 13 hours in. At times it feels like a chore. The sidequests are a lot of fetch and slay a few random monsters. Pretty lazy. Not feeling this weird American Southwest meets futureworld. Everything clashes and nothing feels organic, really pulls me out of the story.

Down to Adamantoise and Fishing for the Plat Trophy.

I've done some reading on how to speed the fight up and everything seems to point to strength build and the Zwill Crossblades. I have the Zwill Blades, but I think I will be going for a Magic strategy and spamming Limit Break magic. I did a test with my current gear and was able to hit for 99,999 with a single Flare.

I farmed the Zu hunt for like 30min and got 9 Zu beaks, minus 1 I used to make a Flare Flask for farming the Zu. So I have 8 Beaks left, each one made a x5 - 219 potency 99 Limit Flare Flask.

With a little more farming i can fill my 10 flask slots, so I could essentially make 50 uses, which would essentialy be enough for the 5mil HP. I think the magic cooldown is like 30sec~1min.

I'm hoping that a combo of Flare Limit Magic and attacking with the Zwill Crossblades while waiting for the cool down, will put me at about 30 min or so. Should be able to run him this afternoon and then just camp out at a fishing spot for the plat.

Last edited:
Anyone do rank 8 or higher hunting? Having a hard time finding high ranked hunts.

got the game for xmas. been playing it on and off since. im level 24 on chapter 3 i think. might be 4.

one thing i hate is these damn magitek soldiers showing up when im in the middle of a fight. was doing a side quest where i was killing those buffalos and then magitek swordman shows up and then those sabretusk thingies.

just annoys the fuck out of me

Should be able to run him this afternoon and then just camp out at a fishing spot for the plat.

Vesperpool East was my go to for the fising skill, quite a few big fish there. Some of the fish's SP towards the skill surprised me though some where lesser than i thought they would be.

l0MYwc7ihvCQPmzD2.gif
2iPdi0O

Vesperpool East was my go to for the fising skill, quite a few big fish there. Some of the fish's SP towards the skill surprised me though some where lesser than i thought they would be.

This was my plan after some reading on where to boost my skill. I may got to Galdin Quay and just spam a crap ton of easy fish, muscle through any fighting and bring a ton of line and burn through it.

That's what I did too, I'm at 9.5 fishing (starting from 3) after about two hours of fishing.

Anyone max out the fishing dudes quests? There's a damn 200lbs grouper at the end

Back