Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

There is supposed to be an option to switch between the new and original. I also with I had the money for the collector edition man, those Judge Busts were dope AF.

And where is this fast forward for grinding levels?

i was wondering about this. can anybody confirm?

the original ost suited the game perfectly. i don't want a fkin remix

Can confirm, it's in options when you start a new game.

You can also change between the two during the game in the menu. As for the Fast Forward, press L1 and you have x2 speed or go in the menu and you can set it to x4 Speed also. Pressing L1 again cancels it

Playing it but lost enthusiasm after I got the second class unlocked. fast forward is the best improvement but the job system takes away a lot of the stuff I enjoyed from the original version

I enjoy doing hunts/grinding but I'm starting to be able to see the limit on how much potential my characters have with the new limited license board, especially once I see that a lot of the tiles are shared with the second board and I'm getting over it

Loving this so far i'm around 10 hours in, haven't played a FF since the disappointing FF13.

I'm over 90 hours in baby! And I bought the CE guide just for shits and giggles because I like the art and stuff. Though it is helpful for the Hunt Club, finding all he weapons/technicks, etc.

Just finished up playing this a week or so ago and loved it. The x2-x4 speed was a god send for farming.

Just finished up playing this a week or so ago and loved it. The x2-x4 speed was a god send for farming.

Exactly, it's an amazing addition. I couldn't imagine trying to play at 1x speed now.

Just got to Tomb Of Raithwall, i heard the game opens up properly after this.

I really liked the art direction for 12 but I didn't like the gameplay or story.

Exactly, it's an amazing addition. I couldn't imagine trying to play at 1x speed now.

I found myself running 2x for almost everything. 4x was great for grinding, especially when your technics were properly set. It was a life saver running trial mode for certain items and once I had a few pieces of key gear I was able to get to level 50 in like 10 minutes just cranking it up to 4x and laying waste to everything. Post 50 needed a lot more care.

So far the stuff I have left:

-Most of the Hunt Club
-4 More Hunts (Behemoth King, Yiazmat, Ixion, and one I forget)
-Omega Weapon
-Getting Zodiark and Chaos (no idea how I haven't gotten them yet, in the vanilla version I got the espers earlier for some reason, but did the hunts much later)
-Getting one last spell (HASTEGA FFS)
-Getting like 1/2 of the tecknicks (seriously, this time around you find most of them in chests that are very very missable, tho not permanently, and now gotta go back and get them)
-Completing the actual final dungeon
-Finishing Trial mode (got to stage 68 and died, but that was like 15 levels ago)
-Completing the bestiary

Yeah, I want to 100% this.

So far the stuff I have left:

-Most of the Hunt Club
-4 More Hunts (Behemoth King, Yiazmat, Ixion, and one I forget)
-Omega Weapon
-Getting Zodiark and Chaos (no idea how I haven't gotten them yet, in the vanilla version I got the espers earlier for some reason, but did the hunts much later)
-Getting one last spell (HASTEGA FFS)
-Getting like 1/2 of the tecknicks (seriously, this time around you find most of them in chests that are very very missable, tho not permanently, and now gotta go back and get them)
-Completing the actual final dungeon
-Finishing Trial mode (got to stage 68 and died, but that was like 15 levels ago)
-Completing the bestiary

Yeah, I want to 100% this.

I loved Trial mode, farmed the shit out it. Went Ribbon farming pretty early and had 3 Ribbons by 40'ish.

Indeed, I took one from Hashmal and the other from one of the chests in game. Still have to get a third.

I just farmed Hashmal for all of mine. The hardest part leading up to him was the many waves of the turnip dudes and all of their status ailments, and by hard it really just tedious knowing what ailment I needed to defend and switching up all of my accessories over and over again. So if you have 2 already, you could probably burn your way to Hashmal in like 10 minutes at 4x speed. Then the wave before I would set up my technics and accessories so I could save scum and reload saves until I got all my Ribbons.

I got through everything I wanted to except Yizmat and clearing Trial mode with my current run. I needed a break and wanted to give myself enough time to play through Mass Effect before Elex drops next month. As an RPG guy, 2017 has been a very good year gaming wise. Almost too good since there are some games I still haven't hit up and January is right around the corner with Monster Hunter Worlds and Ni No Kuni 2 dropping on the same day. Those 2 games alone will probably keep me busy through at least Q1 of 2018, if not up until summer. I dropped an ungodly amount of time into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Ni No Kuni.

-Improved Graphics
-Re-Orchestrated music with 8 new tracks
-2X and 4X speed to make grinding not tedious at all
-Trial mode with 100 levels where you can import your characters from story. Basically a survival boss attack. You can steal rare items here and bring them back to story mode, too.
-New Job System with two jobs makes characters more unique by end game
-Can control summons now
-Trophies
-Improved load times
-18 new weapons
-Auto-save
-THE ZODIAC SPEAR NOT MISSABLE

I never tried Final Fantasy XII.

At the moment, the only reason that I would want this re-release is that Gilgamesh is one of the enemies in this video game.

Furthermore, I do not have any Sony PS4 yet.

However, I'm glad that I waited for the re-releases of all of these systems (Sony PS4 Professional, Xbox One X, and perhaps even a re-release of Nintendo Switch in the year 2019 or 2020 or later).

I'm around 20 hrs in, still really enjoying it, just finished the Henne Mines. Been doing a lot of grinding, i love just chilling, running around at 4x speed smashing things it's therapeutic lol. I haven't platted a game in a while i think i'll be doing it with this.

Tried trial mode for the first time.

Basically put no thought into it and just ran it at 4x speed until i died, only got to level 16.

I only have Ashe, Vaan and Balthier at around level 30. The rest are around level 15

I'll try again in a bit and put more effort in.

I want to get esuna before i try it again as you get bombarded by status ailments.

I want to get esuna before i try it again as you get bombarded by status ailments.

My advice for trial mode when starting out and still low level is to go in with a goal. Look st the loot for each round and pick that as an end point. Also review what status will be used against you each round. Esuna is good but will drain your magic. You're better off getting accessories that block effects. If you know what to block against each round you won't waste turns removing ailments when they can be used healing/buffing/attacking.

At 40 I had 3x accessories to block all individual status ailments and set my crew up for wave 49 to fight Hashmal which has a rare steal of a Ribbon. Then saved scummed until I stole it then cleared the round to save. did it 3 times and had 3 Ribbions at 40 which was awesome.

Just started playing again after 3 weeks of working away from home.

Jesus fuck i'm getting my ass handed to me in Pharos i must be near the end, i'm at a bit fighting 2 wyverns i can beat them then i get to the next bit with necrofiends and skeletons and they're mauling me every time.

Just started playing again after 3 weeks of working away from home.

Jesus fuck i'm getting my ass handed to me in Pharos i must be near the end, i'm at a bit fighting 2 wyverns i can beat them then i get to the next bit with necrofiends and skeletons and they're mauling me every time.

I was a tad over leveled when I hit this point and steam rolled this area. It might be worth spending some time in Trial Mode for the AP gain to boost some of your skills. It's nice that it's an independent save file so you don't lose any of your progress within Pharos and just start your file back up with a ton of AP to spend.

Back