SeeD Commander
@Brown
Reaction score
Bought this hurr game last night.

Annex_SE_BeautyShot_FINAL.jpg

-Improved Graphics
-Re-Orchestrated music with 8 new tracks
-2X and 4X speed to make grinding not tedious at all
-Trial mode with 100 levels where you can import your characters from story. Basically a survival boss attack. You can steal rare items here and bring them back to story mode, too.
-New Job System with two jobs makes characters more unique by end game
-Can control summons now
-Trophies
-Improved load times
-18 new weapons
-Auto-save
-THE ZODIAC SPEAR NOT MISSABLE

Play on boyz

Man i want this. Fucking console exclusives.

I'm not sure on the reorchestrated soundtrack though, think i need some more time during play with it. Plus the job system and the possbilities with the teams are interesting too.

does the story get any better, or nah?

I'm level 5 about 2 hours in.

The fast-forwarding is a freakin' godsend. Was able to level super quickly when I actually went out to do it. Takes the tedium away from running through Rabanastre and the Ester/Westersands.

Chose the Knight class for Vaan's first.

does the story get any better, or nah?

Nah. Truth be told, the story is pretty bland. However, this is a Final Fantasy where you stay for the gameplay. Treat it more like a dungeon crawler/monster hunter type game, with an above average story.

Give it a solid twelve hours. If you're not addicted by then, it might not be for you.

Nah. Truth be told, the story is pretty bland. However, this is a Final Fantasy where you stay for the gameplay. Treat it more like a dungeon crawler/monster hunter type game, with an above average story.

Give it a solid twelve hours. If you're not addicted by then, it might not be for you.
Sucks to hear the story isn't that great. Final Fantasy XV has the same issue. Which is weird because I watched the CGI movie they had before playing the game and the movie was great I really enjoyed it. Then the game is just kind of blah.

I'm level 5 about 2 hours in.

The fast-forwarding is a freakin' godsend. Was able to level super quickly when I actually went out to do it. Takes the tedium away from running through Rabanastre and the Ester/Westersands.

Chose the Knight class for Vaan's first.

This is good to hear, was curious how the boost mode would work out. I played this back on the PS2 days and never got around to finishing the uber bosses, so looking forward to another play through on PS4 to take bosses down.

I don't remember a thing about FFXII's story, so it will almost be like playing it fresh. The only thing I really remember is the battle mechanics and the tech system which I loved back in the day.

Pumped to get started this weekend.

And they fixed Vaan's painted abs.

IDK, I don't like this game with classes, I liked the first version where I could give the Masamune to Vann, put Basch to tank and Fran to berserk, protect and heal everybody, win.

I played it. I liked it, but the story was short.

Honestly by the time I got done grinding for the tursenol, i just wanted to finish it and be done.

I played it. I liked it, but the story was short.

Honestly by the time I got done grinding for the tursenol, i just wanted to finish it and be done.

I couldn't tell how short it was. I pumped damn near 120 hours into it when I originally played it, but the story was never a major part of it for me. I was always grinding and hunting, which is the game's hook. In that regard, it's great. I can understand it all getting a little redundant though, like a lot of games of the same ilk. You hit that limit at a certain point, and you just want to actually beat the game and be done with it.

FFXII won't leave you with any lasting impression in terms of it's atmosphere and storytelling(or shit, even music), but I found the game play more than made up for it. At the time, it was refreshing, and I'll never understand why they didn't try to build on that formula. FFXII was the last truly great FF game in the series.

The story is more political than personal, while the gameplay is addictive as hell if you enjoy grinding for rare items and then using them with a cool combat system. I'm 4.5 hours in after my initial two playthroughs on the vanilla version which were something like 60--80 hours each, without even killing the hardest two hunts (admittedly, I did most of the other sidequests and most of my characters were in the 80's - 90's in level).

I'm not sure on the reorchestrated soundtrack though, think i need some more time during play with it. Plus the job system and the possbilities with the teams are interesting too.

I was wondering about that, FFXII had one of the best OST's of the franchise. Not sure why they had to touch it.

Dis shit was already epic..

Hitoshi Sakimoto crafted a masterpiece already.

I was wondering about that, FFXII had one of the best OST's of the franchise. Not sure why they had to touch it.

Dis shit was already epic..

Hitoshi Sakimoto crafted a masterpiece already.

"Esper Battle" is fucking epic.

There is supposed to be an option to switch between the new and original. I also with I had the money for the collector edition man, those Judge Busts were dope AF.

And where is this fast forward for grinding levels?

There is supposed to be an option to switch between the new and original.

i was wondering about this. can anybody confirm?

the original ost suited the game perfectly. i don't want a fkin remix

i was wondering about this. can anybody confirm?

the original ost suited the game perfectly. i don't want a fkin remix

Can confirm, it's in options when you start a new game.

Back