FINAL FANTASY Discussion, Which is the best in the series?

What are your top 3 Final Fantasy titles?

• Total voters
IX for me - might be my favorite game of all time. The story, the music, the side quests, the versatility of the characters. I agree that Necron should have been left out - but that certainly isn't enough to ruin it for me.

Probably my favorite track of any FF series:

If Chrono Trigger can be considered as a final fantasy, then it is the greatest final fantasy ever.

I would say 6 or 7.

Why would it be considered FF? It doesn't have FF in the title. Not even remotely related to the series either.

IX for me - might be my favorite game of all time. The story, the music, the side quests, the versatility of the characters. I agree that Necron should have been left out - but that certainly isn't enough to ruin it for me.

Probably my favorite track of any FF series:

This one is just too epic. Everything after 3 minutes is legendary.

I always loved 1 and 2. 8 was the first i played so thats always going to be my favorite

Lmao @ the comments section..

"Hear this song = butt cheeks clinching shut"

My wife and I greatly enjoy playing Final Fantasy Games. I know a lot of people did not like the FF13 trilogy, but we both liked FF13 and FF13-Lightning Returns. Lighting Returns is a great game. The battle system is a lot of fun. FF13-2 was decent, but easily the weakest of the trilogy.

I just beat the main story of Final Fantasy 15. That final campfire scene:

giphy.gif

Tactics>6>9>7>10>13>8

I enjoyed all the games in the series that I've played, besides 8. Just couldn't get into it.

Tactics is the best.

As an aside, XIV is also a really good MMO after one of the worst mainstream MMO debut's I can recall.

It's probably my fourth favorite "final fantasy" game after Tactics, 6 and 7.

Got back into my FFVIII run today, after a bit of a hiatus. Have that damn Junction system worked out to perfection now, after some mild confusion half way through. Been farming that "Ultima" Draw point in that random village for a while. Party is stupid powerful.

Just hit the part where you discover "Esthar". Yeah, this game is incredibly underrated. At least the art direction, anyways. That's now up there for me as far as "WOW" moments go in this franchise goes. I vaguely remember that section from when I played it as a kid, but playing it now, it really blew me away. That CGI still holds up. That area is just incredible. Reminded a lot of Xenogears, actually. Really cool stuff, and I really love the small details, like the shop being some futuristic all in one digital shop, compared to the usual separate shop keeps you're used to. Just a very unique area that takes you by surprise.

Ive only played X and XII. I liked both a lot but X takes the cake and may be in my top 10 games of all time.

@HereticBD

I never did beat FF8. Reading your posts is stirring my desire to play it again. One of these days I am going to do a pure final fantasy run on the ones I haven't beaten... starting with FF8...

@HereticBD

I never did beat FF8. Reading your posts is stirring my desire to play it again. One of these days I am going to do a pure final fantasy run on the ones I haven't beaten... starting with FF8...
Same here
7, 9 and 10 is top 3 imo

Why would it be considered FF? It doesn't have FF in the title. Not even remotely related to the series either.

I agree it is not Final Fantasy but it was created by Square and the creator of the Final Fantasy series so I would say it is very related. Even gameplay is similar. The only thing that is really different may be the story but other than a few exceptions no Final Fantasy games are related in story anyway so that is irrelevant.

Really enjoying FFXV ATM .. just got to chapter 5 and started Ramuhs trial. Titan was a cool boss but the barrimumda I fought at a fishing pie was more difficult lol.

Well, I'm in space now, in FFVIII. This is the last moment I remember from the game, from when I played it as a kid. I think there is some space dance with Rinoa(who I named Starla. Always give the females stripper names), and that's it. I'm pretty sure that's when I quit the game originally. I guess I was too young to appreciate the "2001" vibe at the time. Really cool stuff, and I love how you're introduced to gravity switch on the space station, and it makes you walk on what seems to be the wall. Just a nice little touch.

After this section, I'm pretty sure it's all new to me.

Back