Final Fantasy Appreciation/General Discussion Thread

All things Final Fantasy. Whatever you got, post it here.

I've been playing the FFX HD remake the last couple of days, and this one part in the game gave me a chuckle. The Blitzball tournament begins. Your team is apparently the worst Blitzball team ever. Haven't won a single game in their entire history. Not one game. Ever.

So, the tournament begins and it comes to light that your opponents have kidnapped one of your party members. They threaten to hurt her, unless your team throws the game. You end up having to rescue her, before the game ends.

Now I ask, was this really necessary? You kidnap someone to blackmail the absolute worst team in existence to lose the game? That's like the GS Warriors kidnapping the Clippers team president, and demanding them to let Curry and the boys scorch them.

Anyways, you guys have any stories, memories, news?
Wakka in the lockerroom broke my heart so i kept reloading until i won that fukin blitzball game. Without the Jecht shot to boot.

Are they those little fucks near the end of the game? They take like 1 damage or something, when you're hitting them with level 60 attacks. I'm assuming there's a trick to beating them, but I always ran away like a pussy.

On another note, FFXII is vastly underrated. Probably the best FF in terms of the sheer amount of gameplay it offers. Story wasn't so hot, but the combat was awesome as long as you didn't break the game with the auto attacks.
I think ur talking about a magic pot “gimme elixir

Never got into FF but I recently saw a reveiw of a FF game that was like GTA.
It looked pretty good. Anyone know what it was ?

FF6 was probably the only FF where i play through beginning to end.

Back