Film & TV's Most Heartbreaking Deaths

Your GF should've been more affected by Rita's death. The last great moment in the series.

The last great moment in the series for me was when the first episode credits started rolling.

Last edited:
Edgar on 24.

That was painful. @Okajima

landscape-1463743897-sadjack.gif

Last edited:
It's all this coward's fault. @Jim

Saving_Private_Ryan_21.jpg
I agree. As shocked as I was at the scene after first view, I realized this is probably close to how many soilders died in hand to hand combat. It was kill or be killed.

Boyz in the hood, that shit gives me chills still.

Mask when Rocky Dennis dies, that scene when he doesn't wake up still gets me to this day for whatever reason.

SOA had quite a bit although the main most important death lacked the most aka the finale. Underrated death was Juice, he was pretty much a walking bomb of death once the shit hit the fan.

I agree. As shocked as I was at the scene after first view, I realized this is probably close to how many soilders died in hand to hand combat. It was kill or be killed.

Brutal scene where he slowly pushes the knife into his heart. @Jim

mqdefault.jpg

I was devastated when Adriana was whacked. The drive in the car was so desolate and intense at the same time. I blame Christopher's stupidity for her death. RIP.

I'll make a poll if there's enough nominations.

Discuss.

sopranos.jpg

i don't think you can blame chrissy for her death. if i remember right, she was initially arrested because she was caught with coke at the bada-bing. they were going to throw the book at her if she didn't go along with being an informant for them. it's a long time, but she could have saved her own life if she had taken whatever years they were going to give her.

There's a lot of deaths in this thread that were certainly memorable, but that's not to say they were actually heartbreaking. There's only been a few times I was gutted over characters dying.

I'm surprised Opie wasn't the very first name mentioned. He was my favorite character on the show, I was ready to stop watching SoA after that. I'm not sure how I felt over Tara getting offed, but it certainly wasn't as sad as Opie's was.

That episode of All in the Family is simply unforgettable. Watching Archie break down... that one hit you right in the feels.

And as a honorable mention... one of my favorite early sitcom characters who's death wasn't actually shown on any episode but still very much missed was Coach off of Cheers.

The death of Oberyn Martell gutted me.

Not just his death but how he died.

Took me over a year to rewatch that scene.

No one did or knew how the series was going to go downhill after that moment.
Season 7 was great. Revisiting the bay harbour butcher storyline was fantastic.

The death of Oberyn Martell gutted me.

Not just his death but how he died.

Took me over a year to rewatch that scene.
His arrogance cost him but ultimately lead to Tywins death.

His arrogance cost him but ultimately lead to Tywins death.
Still brutal to watch such a charismatic guy go down like that. It was like watching the six fingered man crush Inigo Mantoya's head.

Still brutal to watch such a charismatic guy go down like that. It was like watching the six fingered man crush Inigo Mantoya's head.

Exactly. He was beloved by tons of fans. There was a big uproar upon his demise.

Almost everyone in GoT is arrogant but not beloved like the bisexual playboy!

Back