Film & TV's Most Heartbreaking Deaths

giphy.gif

This was brutal. @BisexualMMA @number 9

He also killed the guy who ate them.

I don't think that matters.

Try and imagine hating someone as much as Ollie hated the people who murdered... And Ate... His family.

Now imagine someone you trusted doing those people any sort of kindness.

You would feel utterly betrayed.

I don't think that matters.

Try and imagine hating someone as much as Ollie hated the people who murdered... And Ate... His family.

Now imagine someone you trusted doing those people any sort of kindness.

You would feel utterly betrayed.

I would say punishing the person who actually commited the crime would be a pretty high priority for most people.

I think what were shown is that Ollie's time with the Nightswatch leads to this becoming a more generalised hatred of the wildlings as a whole.

I would say punishing the person who actually commited the crime would be a pretty high priority for most people.

I think what were shown is that Ollie's time with the Nightswatch leads to this becoming a more generalised hatred of the wildlings as a whole.

Have you ever hated anyone? I mean really HATED them?

It was the wildlings who killed his family and destroyed his entire way of life, not just that one guy. Hating them wasn't generalized, it was more accurate.

Jon killed that guy and Ollie was his friend for life, until Jon betrayed that friendship. Does anything bite as deep as betrayal from someone you trusted completely?

I've had this discussion here before and I know that Ollie wasn't that sympathetic a character, and that my feelings on the matter leave me as a tiny minority, but I still can't wrap my head around how much people hated him.

The wildlings ate his family and destroyed his entire way of life, and Jon invited them in . There's no universe where, in Ollie's position, I would understand that.

Even as an observer, I'm not sure it was the right decision. The wildlings attacked villages and murdered people. No, you don't want them absorbed into the army of the dead, but how do you just welcome them in?

Have you ever hated anyone? I mean really HATED them?

It was the wildlings who killed his family and destroyed his entire way of life, not just that one guy. Hating them wasn't generalized, it was more accurate.

Jon killed that guy and Ollie was his friend for life, until Jon betrayed that friendship. Does anything bite as deep as betrayal from someone you trusted completely?

I've had this discussion here before and I know that Ollie wasn't that sympathetic a character, and that my feelings on the matter leave me as a tiny minority, but I still can't wrap my head around how much people hated him.

The wildlings ate his family and destroyed his entire way of life, and Jon invited them in . There's no universe where, in Ollie's position, I would understand that.

Even as an observer, I'm not sure it was the right decision. The wildlings attacked villages and murdered people. No, you don't want them absorbed into the army of the dead, but how do you just welcome them in?

I can't say I "hated" him as the character is obvious quite tragic but the idea that anyone in that position would react in exactly the same way isn't something I agree with, as I said I think what was shown is that Ollie was in an environment were racism against wildings as a whole from the other Watch members(and general focus on hatred) helped push him in that direction.

Last edited:

Even though they destroyed Tara's character her last season this was still tough. Jax's reaction is so heartbreaking. That guttural squeal had such pain to it compared to some dramatic NOOOOO

I remember that scene really moving me the first time I saw it.

But now I watch the gif and can only think someone who runs in a perfect straight line from a shooter deserves it.

I've grown cold.
Damn I forgot writing this but I have grown cold as I actually had zero sympathy for Rickon in this scene as the slightest irratic zigzag would have made him near impossible to shoot. Or heck just turn and run backwards once you were a few hundred meters away and watch the arrows once loosed.

untitled-1124.gif

tdjE4w4.gif

fqsRmMu.gif

rickonarrows.gif

And had Snow died here I would have felt similarly unmoved.

C01E5D77EA59C4BDB228CCA828F82110EE066E57

Damn I forgot writing this but I have grown cold as I actually had zero sympathy for Rickon in this scene as the slightest irratic zigzag would have made him near impossible to shoot. Or heck just turn and run backwards once you were a few hundred meters away and watch the arrows once loosed.

untitled-1124.gif

tdjE4w4.gif

fqsRmMu.gif

rickonarrows.gif

And had Snow died here I would have felt similarly unmoved.

C01E5D77EA59C4BDB228CCA828F82110EE066E57

Rickon himself doesn't have any idea when Ramsey has shot an arrow of course and if he slows down Ramsey could just as well have ordered a mass volley on him.

That's actually what I would have done with the scene, instead of having Jon charge at Ramsey have a mass volley of arrows land killing Rickon and shooting Jon's horse from under him putting him in the same position. That deals with a few issues, Rickon couldn't dodge, Ramsey wouldn't really be taking a risk and Jon wouldn't suddenly need to deside to take on an entire army.

Last edited:
Rickon himself doesn't have any idea what Ramsey has shot an arrow of course and if he slows down Ramsey could just as well have ordered a mass volley on him.

That's actually what I would have done with the scene, instead of having Jon charge at Ramsey have a mass volley of arrows land killing Rickon and shooting Jon's horse from under him putting him in the same position. That deals with a few issues, Rickon couldn't dodge, Ramsey wouldn't really be taking a risk and Jon wouldn't suddenly need to deside to take on an entire army.
Good point re Ramsey certainly knowing the point where, if Rickson was dodging, he would order a mass volley to get him. I never thought of that.

The big mistake was in Jon's guys letting him ride out. They literally should have tackled him off his horse while sending another rider or two. It is hard to defy your King but sometimes you have to protect him from himself and he would have understood once the initial adrenaline wore off.

Back