Film & TV's Most Heartbreaking Deaths

Probably McCauley Culkin's character in My Girl.

Simon Birch was also sad.

Rick Schroeder crying his eyes out when The Champ died might be one of the greatest kid performances in history. Heartbreaking.

Rita?

That shit was on the decline the second Doakes was gone.

Regardless of what you thought of Rita as a character, her death was one of the best executed "Holy shit!" moments in any series.

The series died that night. Christ, did that show get bad after that.

iu

Not only was Bobby the only guy with a heart on the show, but those last words are tragic.

Salesman: Your son is gonna love it.

Bobby: He don't care.

Last edited:
Winnie Coopers brother dying on the wonder years. Another senseless death.

I really, really, really wanted to find the video of Tommy Gavin's son dying from season two of Rescue Me. It's one of the most intense scenes I have ever seen on television, and I've seen pretty much all of television. I'm going to rip and upload it myself soon.

For now, here's this.

Under rated show that kicked you in the chest more effectively than most.

Yeah, OK. Screw you, TV. Screw you.

Rescue Me
Season 2, Episode 12
"Happy"

Connor%2BGavin%2Bdies.gif

Maude Flanders' death and watching Ned cope was pretty heartbreaking as I always enjoyed The Flanders family.

Then Ned marries Edna Krabappel and all is good till the voice actress Marcia Wallace passes away effectively forcing them to retire the character by killing her off screen.

Poor Ned just can't catch a break.

Marley and Me is the first for me, my Golden Retriever died the exact same way so that hits home hard, I cried like a little girl during the end. It worked to my advantage though because my gf at the time had never seen me cry and thought it was the sweetest thing lol. Honorable mention to Turner and Hooch and The Lion King. I couldn't careless when a person dies in a film.me-watching-a-movie-when-a-human-when-a-dog-8596679.png

There are so many good ones, many already listed, I could list a bunch, but thought I'd use a couple that may not be mentioned.

When Lance Henricksen finds his dying son in Pumpkinhead and then consoles him as he passes, very strong stuff for a little horror flick, made possible through Lance Henricksen's acting ability (why he does shitty direct to video films now I don't know) and the bond he showed with his son earlier in the film (and the backstory that his wife passed away giving birth to his son and his son was the only family he had left).

As a kid I could NOT watch the scene in The Bear with the mother bear dying, that crushed my little heart.

Glen on The Walkkng Dead, although nobody will admit it because they think it makes them pussies or something. But there is a reason their viewership severely declined after they killed him.

I'll tell you what death wasn't heartbreaking - Kai Winn on Deep Space 9. She was a real bitch.

Back