Filling a fairtex muay thai heavy bag

The_Darkness

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a muay thai heavy bag from fairtex and was wondering if anyone could recommend any sites or anything that would tell me exactly how to go about filling it. I thought they would send me some info with the bag (seeing how I bought it unfilled) but they did not. Also it didn't come with anything to mount or secure it to a beam, where's a good place to get stuff like that?

Ringside.com stocks a bunch of different setups to mount heavybags, check them. As for filling it, we just used a bunch of cut up fabric to fill it. Try and like lay the pieces flat so you can get more in there and take your time, don't just throw a bunch in there at once. It won't be firm at all and will take time to settle and you'll have to keep like topping it off with more fabric.

shedded clothing and cloth thats all depending on the bag and use of it sand is an option to but thats just for kicking to tuffin the shins. Just round up all your old clothes and maybe a trip to a good will or something for a muay thai bag your lookin at about 2-3 trashbags of shedded cloth. makes sure you pack it as your filling it but not too stiff or your fuck up your wrists eventually.

Congratulations on choosing a great brand. There is an art to filling bags. I have stuffed a few heavy bags (muay thai, regular boxing, and wrecking ball) Here is a step by step system on the basics of filling a thai bag.
1. Make that trip to Goodwill or other thrift store and ask if you can purchase a large amount of their unsellable shit in the back. After you get your old rags, shirts, towels, whatevers, the fun begins.
2. You will need to sit down with a couple beers and a sharp pair of scissors for this. Cut all the material into small pieces. This is the most tedious and time consuming part of the process. Grab a training partner to help.
3. Time to fill the bag. If there is a chain hooked onto the four attachment rings at the top of the bag, remove it. Now to make the next step much easier: Starting from the top you should roll the leather down over itself, turning it inside out as you double it over. Roll it down as far as you can until the very bottom of the inside of the bag is reachable. This makes stuffing the bag easier because now you can get to the bottom with your hand, as opposed to climbing inside the bag to try to pack the stuffing down with your foot.
4. Stand the bag up and begin to stuff. As you pack the material in, you want to press it from the center, outward and force it down along the inside of the shell. Pack as dense as you can before throwing in the next pile. You will get a tight pack without the

Fill it with excrement. It will never leak and packs well.

Micky

I actually usually stuff my bags with a mixture of broken glass and my ground up opponents.

wow. I wish this guide had been posted way back when I got that uppercut bag. I almost swore off unfilled bags after that debacle.

fantastic guide, fightscience, really.

only 2 questions: do you recommend goodwill for the broken glass as well, and will you marry me? lol ;)

is it possible to fuck up on stuffing your own bag?
ive been planning to buy a bananna bag, but am too afraid to do the stuffing myself thinking that it will turn out crappy or shitty, So i was planning to get one thats already filled, but that makes the price more expensive and the shipping will be higher.

Should a noob buy a filled or unfilled bag?

a noob should get anything his little heart desires. if you have patience, stuff it yourself. if not, get it prestuffed. but one way or another, don't forget to first bless your bag for good luck, by making love to somebody on top of it.

Back