Figthers who can deal with taller opponents in the clinch?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
Are there any out there? And in addition to tall, someone who has a good clinch game.

A bad example would be chike lindsay vs yod. I dont think chike had a decent clinch to begin with which is also why yod was able to outclinch him.

Are there any out there? And in addition to tall, someone who has a good clinch game.

A bad example would be chike lindsay vs yod. I dont think chike had a decent clinch to begin with which is also why yod was able to outclinch him.
Were you born yesterday? It happens all the fucking time, the shorter fighters at the same weight class usually have the advantage at the clinch, because of agility and center of gravity, the taller fighter winning a clinch war is the exception. Again we are talking similar weight classes here, and the examples are plenty, go look it up yourself, even Yodwicha have trouble dealing with elite clinchers who are well below his height.

Were you born yesterday? It happens all the fucking time, the shorter fighters at the same weight class usually have the advantage at the clinch, because of agility and center of gravity, the taller fighter winning a clinch war is the exception. Again we are talking similar weight classes here, and the examples are plenty, go look it up yourself, even Yodwicha have trouble dealing with elite clinchers who are well below his height.

Lol chill. I dont even know who to begin with which is why I'm asking who to look up

It's not very common for shorter fighters to specialize in the clinch but obviously there many that "do well", depending on how you define it. You're probably not going to find many examples of short fighters completely dominating taller guys in the clinch, because at this level all fights are very competitive, not onesided. Check out Superbank, Muangthai, Singdam, Pakorn, Nong O

Here are some videos for ya :)

I don't agree with max. Many of the best clinchers are tall.

I don't agree with max. Many of the best clinchers are tall.
Obviously among the elite clinchers, short or tall are pretty much even out, not one dominate the other, but that's not true in mismatches, the fact that there aren't that many very tall elite clinchers in the under 80kg class proves my point, I mentioned Yodwicha as an exception to this rule.

Obviously among the elite clinchers, short or tall are pretty much even out, not one dominate the other, but that's not true in mismatches, the fact that there aren't that many very tall elite clinchers in the under 80kg class proves my point, I mentioned Yodwicha as an exception to this rule.
Tall in this context means tall for their weight class, or taller than their opponents. Yodwicha is no exception you also have guys like Chamuaktong, Chujaroen, Petchboonchu, Sagetdao, Sensatarn, Yodpanomrung, Saen and many more

Last edited:
Feel like I have to post a video now :) :

Do all your ideas about muay thai come from lawrence kenshin videos or watching ickboxing?

Nope but Lawrence Kenshin's videos are usually the first ones which come up in YouTube searches when looking for such a fighter, and as much as you hate them I actually like the editing and video footage of his videos.

By all means please provide your own suggestions of highlight videos for Disselnoi which are better than the one I posted, try to be helpful and educative instead of being a salty cunt all the time.

Nope but Lawrence Kenshin's videos are usually the first ones which come up in YouTube searches when looking for such a fighter, and as much as you hate them I actually like the editing and video footage of his videos.

By all means please provide your own suggestions of highlight videos for Disselnoi which are better than the one I posted, try to be helpful and educative instead of being a salty cunt all the time.

Lawrence Kenshin's videos are shit. If you see any value in them, you're an idiot.

Lawrence Kenshin's videos are shit. If you see any value in them, you're an idiot.

Don't slag off people's work when you can't do better yourself.

His videos are alright and I'm far from an idiot. But thanks kiddo.

You want people to know more and appreciate stadium muay thai yet look down on the value of kenshin videos?
Dont you think people would gain interest and want to know more from watching those videos? Since they are in fucking english and relatively easy to understand with marketing terms like the greatest, best, etc.
thats good marketing right there.
May i ask your job?

You want people to know more and appreciate stadium muay thai yet look down on the value of kenshin videos?
Dont you think people would gain interest and want to know more from watching those videos? Since they are in fucking english and relatively easy to understand with marketing terms like the greatest, best, etc.
thats good marketing right there.
May i ask your job?
Why is it so much to ask that someone actually promote muay thai, while getting the facts right? Many of Kenshins videos are nothing more than click bait or fanboiism or the creation of an alternative history.

Back