Fights to make after Bellator 200

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Gegard Mousasi vs John Salter - Bellator Middleweight Championship
Rafael Carvalho vs Hisaki Kato
Michael Page vs Paul Daley
David Rickels vs Derek Campos (Lightweight)
Kate Jackson vs Macfarlane/Lara winner - Bellator Women's Flyweight Championship
Anastasia Yankova vs Emily Ducote
Phil Davis vs King Mo 2
Linton Vassell vs Leo Leite

I didn't list the Chalmers fight or whatever the other one was. Don't think those fights had a lot of implications at all.

Gegard Mousasi vs John Salter - Bellator Middleweight Championship
Rafael Carvalho vs Hisaki Kato
David Rickels vs Derek Campos (Lightweight)
Kate Jackson vs Macfarlane/Lara winner - Bellator Women's Flyweight Championship
Anastasia Yankova vs Emily Ducote
Phil Davis vs King Mo 2
Linton Vassell vs Leo Leite

I didn't list the Chalmers fight or whatever the other one was. Don't think those fights had a lot of implications at all.

Mousasi will probably fight MacDonald
Carvalho can fight whoever he wants, no one will care
Michael Page will never fight Paul Daley, or anyone his caliber
Letorneau/Williams winner should fight for the title
Yankova should regroup before she fights anyone, or consider 135
King Mo moves to MW

Those are fine except King Mo says he’s moving to 185 and I believe that he will.

So Phil Davis will likely get a filler fight next since i doubt they’ll give him Nemkov this soon. I can see Fejiao getting the fight or them looking outside the promotion. Things are dry all over at 205.

King Mo moving to 185 tells me that’s who Carvalho should fight should he re-sign.

Mousasi will probably fight MacDonald
Carvalho can fight whoever he wants, no one will care
Michael Page will never fight Paul Daley, or anyone his caliber
Letorneau/Williams winner should fight for the title
Yankova should regroup before she fights anyone, or consider 135
King Mo moves to MW

King Mo moving to 185 is good for a lacklustre division.

Mousasi vs Tokov

King mo vs salter

MVP vs Lorenz Larkin

Phil Davis vs ishii or nemkov

Last edited:
I for one would like to see Moose vs Mo 2, if Mo can make MW...

Gegard Mousasi vs John Salter/King Mo
Rafael Carvalho retirement
David Rickels retirement
Kate Jackson don't care
Anastasia Yankova vs Heather Hardy
Phil Davis vs Vadim Nemkov
Linton Vassell vs somebody with decent record from BAMMA or Cage Warriors

Jackson lost to Valerie Letourneau already so I doubt she'll be fighting for the belt next. The challenger is most likely the Letourneau vs. Kristina Williams winner. Give her Lena Ovchynnikova or Juliana Velasquez next.

Yankova on the other hand should fight Ducote or Harper. She should consider changing wherever she's training first though.

Here we go with some ideas....

Losers

Vladimir Filipovic vs Liam McGeary: If i understood right, Filipovic had a multifight deal with Bellator that allow him to fight outside of the company... If Bellator wants to keep him around, Liam who is coming of a double L streak can be a good match up on some European Main Card

Linton Vassel vs Leo Leite, Jordan Young/ Jamal Pogues winner @Bellator201: With the situation of the LHW in Bellator, maybe this are the only match ups that i can write...maybe the better thing for Bellator is bringing a new regional LHW with decent record to fight Vassel in some European show

Carl Noon vs Charlie Ward: with Ward padding his record on the prelims, and already 2-0 in Bellator, maybe we should give him harder opponents... IMO makes sense

Ashley Griffiths vs ....: Do not think that he is going to have another match up in Bellator....

David Rickels vs Brandon Girtz: Both coming of losses, and in theory this match up can be really fine...

Rafael Carvalho vs Anatoly Tokov/ Chidi Njoukani: Carvalho looked like s@^* against the Moose but as a former champ we can not give easy match ups.. Tokov already 2-0 in Bellator with a win can get the title shot, and Chidi is coming of a W over Kato after moving up a weight class

Winners:

Costello van Steenis vs Chris Honneycut: van Steenis is already 2-o with Bellator and looks like he has a contract with the company...

Charlie Ward vs Carl Noon: already explained

Phil Davis vs Vadim Nemkov: While Bader is fighting in the GP, Nemkov can earn a title shot with a W over Phil Davis, and Davis with a W can consolidate his status as the next challenger... (yes, a 3rd fight with Bader)

Mike Shipman vs Gregory Babene: If Babene still remain in he roster this is a perfect match up for both coming of W streaks

Aaron Chalmers vs regional guy with winning record: like 5-2 or something like that, why... because they need to slowly build him, they can make a star out of this guy... i really liked what i see the friday

MVP vs Larkin/ Fitch/ Daley/ Lima: With Koreshkov around makes 0 sense to give MVP a title shot after a win over a LW, it is time for him to swim with the sharks and any of the mentioned fighters represent danger for him, it is time to make the jump...

Gegard Mousasi vs Jhon Salter: the new champ have already a N 1 contender and his name is John, Salter have a 5 winning streak on Bellator and deserves that title shot....

Mvp vs lima or mvp vs koreskhov. Phil Davis vs Ryan Bader 2. Mousasi vs rory or mousasi vs king mo 2

I want to see Gegard vs Bader. The Weidman fight showed me Mousasi s wrestling has done a 180 and even if a larger elite wrestler gets him down, keeping him down is a different story.This fight is one where Gegard keeps it on feet and hurts Ryan until he eventually finishes.
2 division champ within 3 fights......thats what the compound is talking about.

Carvalho vs shlemenko
Rory vs mvp (why not)

MVP vs. any of the following:
Lima
Larkin
Chidi
Daley
Koreshkov

I have confidence he can beat them all but he'll probably do another boxing fight first.

Those are fine except King Mo says he’s moving to 185 and I believe that he will.

So Phil Davis will likely get a filler fight next since i doubt they’ll give him Nemkov this soon. I can see Fejiao getting the fight or them looking outside the promotion. Things are dry all over at 205.

King Mo moving to 185 tells me that’s who Carvalho should fight should he re-sign.

ooooh. they should give moussasi the king mo rematch!

Man, did anybody here actually watch King Mo vs Mousasi in Strikeforce?

it was terrible. that whole card was a shitfest i remember.

henderson almost h-bombs shields then gets wrestlefucked.
melendez does the woodly strategy against aoki.
mo wrestles mousassi.

all three main event fights are 5 rounds. all go to decision.

but i think mousassi would do better now so it'd be cool to see him avenge that loss.
i wasn't suggesting it because of excitement ha

i like the matchups ppl have already mentioned. just a couple of thoughts:

they should just do rory vs mousasi while they can, both are in their prime, a matchup like this is rare in bellator where they have 2 top guys in their prime against each other

king mo should fight once at MW before a title shot so it could be against salter or lovato jr in a title eliminator. though lovato jr is a beast but i feel like he doesnt get the respect from ppl yet so maybe they could showcase him some more to get some steam behind him when he fights king mo or moose.

Back