FightMetric: Jones outstruck Gus...even rounds 1 and 2

If you touch someone with the tip of a finger,fightmetric count it as a strike.

Why does that matter? Gus won the first three and how exactly did Jones win the 2nd is what i'm trying to figure out as I rewatch it. So maybe you can tell me your point of view when watching round 2

My whole reason for bringing it up was to put down Gus fans saying that it DID matter.

fight stats count little arm punches that dont do shit. i remembr they count the shots that the opponent blocks

So then Jones's face got all busted up with those missed punches

1.gif

That's what caused the cut that got opened up more over 5 rounds.

More pitter pat strikes, less strikes that meant anything.

The problem with this is it assumes all strikes are equal which obviously is not the case

More than half Jones strikes in the early rounds were pissy low kicks like that kick to the front of the lead leg which didn't seem to phase Gus at all.
90% of Gus strikes landed were to Jones face, Gus's jab won him round 1 - 3.

That can't be accurate. Gus landed way more head shots than Jones. A front kick counts as a "strike"?

I never look at Fight Metric or Compustrike, that's such a flawed and inaccurate way to score a fight.

I've seen one report where they had Forrest ahead of Anderson is terms of power strikes.

The biggest flaw is that a jab is not considered a significant strike.

Now remove leg kicks from that.

Leg kicks are a great technique.. But they really are not as significant as a punch to the face.

I wouldn't say that exactly. But I agree that the kicks that Jones was throwing were not very significant.

Now remove leg kicks from that.

Leg kicks are a great technique.. But they really are not as significant as a punch to the face.

I wouldn't say that exactly. But I agree that the kicks that Jones was throwing were not very significant.

1.gif

That's what caused the cut that got opened up more over 5 rounds.

I know that's what opened the cut, however the cut did not get better because the mauler kept up the damage to that eye.
Most of Jones's shots were deflected, so while Jones landed more, Gustafsson landed a lot more efficiently

Back