FightMetric: Jones outstruck Gus...even rounds 1 and 2

Most of this were weak leg kicks that did jack shit.

The real stats are reviewed frame by frame and wont be out for a few hours at least. These are your knee-jerk judge type Fightmetrics.

From Mike ***an's Twitter:

Strikes thrown: Jones 220 Gus 294
Sig strikes percentage landed: Jones 62% Gus 38%

Total strikes landed round 1: 28-19 Jones
Total strikes landed round 2: 26-15 Jones
Round 3: 30-26 Jones
Round 4: 28-26 Jones
Round 5: 28-25 Gus (This one surprised me)

That has to be backwards, if not it totally contradicts every other site keeping stats.

Also Gus is going to the hospital too. The Jones hate on this site and the Anderson hate on this site is painful.

Jones hurt Gus more. That is indisputable. Gus was almost finished. Jones not even close.

Really cause it looked like a tractor trailer ran over jones and he was talkin like donald duck

By "more strikes" are the counting the leg check kicks that do little to no damage? Because Jones threw a ton of them and Gus did not even remotely seemed bothered by them.

I need more detailed stats than that. They flashed a statistic at some point in the fight showing head shots 89-19 in favor of Gus (early 4th rd I think?)

this right here, I remember this too, it said Gustafsson had a lot more significant strikes landed. plus Gustafsson got more take downs, isn't that how unified rules work?

I think Gus did more damage. Jones does more superficial damage that is more likely to end fights (save for Hamill which was just nasty)

GUS WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TOO lol at gus fans, now they have nothing

I need more detailed stats than that. They flashed a statistic at some point in the fight showing head shots 89-19 in favor of Gus (early 4th rd I think?)

they must count those side kicks to the legs that Jones threw like Chun Li at one point.

only because they count jones's little oblique kicks as "significant" strikes. why do we need these BS statistics when we've seen the fight?

I wish Gus could read this and laugh at you, Jones would, but he's on a stretcher and may not be allowed to check this on his cell.

Gus was the one saved by the bell in rd 4 and was getting abused rd 5 ..nice try thou

Originally Posted by BlastoiseDad View Post
Jones hurt Gus more. That is indisputable. Gus was almost finished. Jones not even close.

9.gif

I wish Gus could read this and laugh at you, Jones would, but he's on a stretcher and may not be allowed to check this on his cell.

Gus is now on his way to hospital too, so much for Jones not damaging him.

Gus is going to the hospital too. It's pretty standard in this business in case you're new.

Back in Pride, in Cro Cop's prime, cemetary was also a popular post fight destination

Back