Fighting since 2002. Still top and 1 victory away from a TS in 2018. Is Werdum GOAT in longevity?

Legend
One of the best ever. Top 2 imo. Stipe him and fedor are rhe greatest. In no particular order.

I feel like this is something you'd appreciate, i posted in another thread yday that showed how amazing Fedor really is

GSP went like 30-31 rounds in a row without losing 1, had 5 finishes.
Aldo went like 20 rounds without losing 1, 7 finishes.
JonnyBones went like 31 (it would be 20 or something if you think he lost 1st round of Machida fight, but i know 2 judges scored it in favor of Jon so giving him credit for it) with 9 finishes
Fedor went 40 rounds without losing 1, with 21 finishes.

Personally, I think he was the best, and he is undoubtedly one of, if not, the most exciting fighter in MMA history. There was NEVER 1 dull moment of ANY of his fights. He came to finish guys and that goes a long way in my books. But wouldn't hate if people said GSP or Anderson or JBJ are the best ever either, everyone has their opinion.
Nice post. I´m a huge fan of Silva and Aldo, but there's no way to deny what Fedor did, and at HW makes it even the more special. He's the GOAT.

I thought this was going to be about Arlovski.lol

Forgot to mention, not only are they just 3 fights apart and GSP has 9 title defenses. Werdum is 40 and GSP is only 36.

So tell me how much more active was Werdum.

You're so blinded by your hate and jealousy of GSP.

Jealousy??? WTF you turned into a Conor type of fanbase after the MW circus with Bisping and GSP.

One of the best HW of all time, this man has been doing this since 2002 and been among the best HW in the world in the most dangerous division in the sport.

4_medium.gif

tumblr_mnzyjeQMmP1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

e85a0ad2b0fffc1c79fc37e7763fb8c7b1edccd1_hq.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here we are, 2018 and Werdum is 1 victory away from getting a TS in the UFC.

Can we talk about GOAT longevity for Werdum?

Thoughts?
4-t6258507-340.jpg
You could argue he´s a lil bit of an over-achiever, with all due respect...

For just durability, Travis Fulton or Dan Severn take the cake, Fulton has been fighting since 1996 and has over 370 fights.
Dan Severn fought for 18 years, until the age of 53, and he has over 120 fights.

He was a mediocre fighter for 8 years and a great fighter for 8 years, maybe it's time to hang them up? No denying that Werdum has improved over the years and hit his peak quite late but it's not that unique within MMA where we have quite a lot of older fighters that still perform well. Even with his vastly improved striking, that is still his weakness and we've seen him fold a couple of times against good strikers. Now I'm going to stop being negative, he has had a great career and a far better one than anyone could have ever imagined priot to beating Fedor. He's been in plenty of great fights and delivered some wonderful subs and KOs. I hope he doesn't retire because I enjoy watching him sub bums.

Back