Fighting gear shops in Los Angeles?

sigersin

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey All,

I live in LA, recently had my bag of boxing gear stolen (long story), and now need to rebuild my gear. Any recommendations on shops in the LA area?

OTM (on the matt) is pretty good, but have not found any other good places. Pro boxing seems ok, but don't carry much in the way of other brands.

Any thoughts? Willing to travel (up to valley, east, south, etc.)

Thanks!

Pro Boxing is the only one I know of they can order what you need

Pro Fight Gear on Santa Monica / Vine if you dont wanna go to Pro Boxing Supplies

If you have a choice, go with Pro Boxing. What sort of gear did you get stolen?

The Pro Boxing Supplies shop in Westwood, Studio City, Lake Balboa and Westwood should work fine. Pro Fight Gear is fine, but I would say that the former is better.

Thanks for the input, westwood is most convenient, do you know if they carry most of the major brands, or are they focused on selling their own pro boxing brand?

Got everything stolen, I had my main bag with everything in it stolen by I'm pretty sure a homeless guy just doing a smash and grab, not realizing my bag of boxing equipment wasn't going to be worth a whole lot street value. 2 pairs of gloves, 2 head gears, custom mouth guard, groin protector, wraps, rope, other stuff. took awhile to accumulate and wear-in, adjust, mouthguard was like $100.

I live in venice so sort of comes with the territory.

http://profightshop.com/

http://proboxingsupplies.com/

I know Pro Fight Shop has other brands like Reyes, Hayabusa and Fairtex, Nike boxing shoes and Ringside/Title/Fighting shorts and shirts. Ive passed by the PBS in Canoga Park and it looks like a pretty big selection. Hella bags and im sure they have more PBS gear than Pro Fight Shop. Either store is fine.

Thing i love about LA is that people will sell legit stuff for cheap because they just see them as ordinary. I bought a pair of 90s Nike Greco Supremes, Pacquiao HyperKOs and a vintage European boxing shoes from 10-30 each and flipped them for 120 each on EBay.

Had i seented them earlier i woulda bpught some PRIDE gloves on Craigslist amd flipped them for a good 200 dollars.

Thanks for the input, westwood is most convenient, do you know if they carry most of the major brands, or are they focused on selling their own pro boxing brand?

Got everything stolen, I had my main bag with everything in it stolen by I'm pretty sure a homeless guy just doing a smash and grab, not realizing my bag of boxing equipment wasn't going to be worth a whole lot street value. 2 pairs of gloves, 2 head gears, custom mouth guard, groin protector, wraps, rope, other stuff. took awhile to accumulate and wear-in, adjust, mouthguard was like $100.

The Pro Boxing Supply on westwood has pretty much everything, all the major brands and even some harder to find stuff, Casanova and even Winning, and some hard to find colors on Reyes. And if they don't they can order it for you. I live a few blocks away and just go hang out in there sometimes. Reza who is always there is very nice and helpful.

Thing i love about LA is that people will sell legit stuff for cheap because they just see them as ordinary. I bought a pair of 90s Nike Greco Supremes, Pacquiao HyperKOs and a vintage European boxing shoes from 10-30 each and flipped them for 120 each on EBay.

Had i seented them earlier i woulda bpught some PRIDE gloves on Craigslist amd flipped them for a good 200 dollars.
This. I have a few things I picked up that I really liked. I would get he bare minimum now and try the craigslist route to adjust.

Reza's pretty great. I stopped by during my lunch break and he dropped some knowledge on Winning. Their Winning stuff is pretty damn overpriced, but if you need it ASAP for any reason I guess it's good. The Westwood shop has the best selection and yes they have a ton of their store brand stuff but if you know what you want, you should be good. Haven't purchased anything there though.

That's a lot of stuff though, I'm sorry.

Also, be wary of their Casanova stuff. Pretty sure that stuff isn't o.g.

Also, K4BOSH any idea if ProLast's gloves are actually made in the USA?

Hey All,

I live in LA, recently had my bag of boxing gear stolen (long story), and now need to rebuild my gear. Any recommendations on shops in the LA area?

OTM (on the matt) is pretty good, but have not found any other good places. Pro boxing seems ok, but don't carry much in the way of other brands.

Any thoughts? Willing to travel (up to valley, east, south, etc.)

Thanks!
FYI,

There's a legit Cleto Reyes store near downtown San Diego, if you don't mind a little drive.

Got my heavy bag, speed bag, and some gloves. It's the size of a small warehouse.

It ain't super cheap, but we all know Cleto Reyes don't play!

Good call, thanks guys. I'm actually headed to SD on Monday for business. Think I'll probably grab minimum stuff, training cloves and basic headgear and a boil and mold mouthpiece, and take it from there. Yea, that casanova looks like imitation cleto reyes.

Reza's pretty great. I stopped by during my lunch break and he dropped some knowledge on Winning. Their Winning stuff is pretty damn overpriced, but if you need it ASAP for any reason I guess it's good. The Westwood shop has the best selection and yes they have a ton of their store brand stuff but if you know what you want, you should be good. Haven't purchased anything there though.

That's a lot of stuff though, I'm sorry.

Yea they mark up the winning stuff. Just go to redondo if you really want it or order it from Japan(but that takes a long time). Going and talking to Kazumichi in Redondo at Winning is always an experience.

haha Kaz is always great. Such a unique guy. Problem is, he sort of remembers me when I go in but he ends up telling the same stories. Not that I mind. The guy know literally almost everyone who's anyone in boxing. They lowered their prices too.

Back