Fighters you've met...

McCall, Munoz, Cub, Jake Ellenberger, Matt Hughes, Lidell, Ortiz, Rockhold, Mendes, Faber, MM, SDR, GSP, Condit, Machida....a few more but those are some of the fighters I've met.

I've only met two, both at the same event.

Benson Henderson during his WEC days. He was very layed back and about as mellow as as a sock. Friendly and more interested in listening to those around him.

CB Dolloway was acting ridiculous, as if he was the galactic HW champ. Embarassing and fantastic to watch at the same time. I'm certain that he's been humbled enough since then. Losses sometimes do that. Damned if he wasn't egomaniacal that evening, however. Lol many women around him.

At UFC on FOX in Seattle, 4th row isle seats, Meisha Tate & Brian Carraway were 1 section over from us same row on isle seats. Got pictures with her before the show. During the event they even made casual conversation between rounds and fights. A couple "aahhh did you guys see that" and "i think so n so will win" or "i didnt expect that" . After the fights we chatted with them again about how much we all dislike Rhonda.

Ran into Shogun at the airport after the fight. He wasnt very chatty but they offered to let me take a picture as they could see I was standing there staring at him in awe.

Few questions to Jake Shields, Court McGee, Joe Lauzon, Schaub; stuff like "when's your next fight" or with Schaub we briefly talked about how his fight was scraped. Every one of them were really cool and would actually say more than a couple words. Actual detailed responses.

Marcus LeVesseur when he was coaching one of the teams I wrestled against a few times in high school. Cool guy.

Yes, I know that's about as low on the totem pole as it gets as far as meeting fighters is concerned.

i would really like to meet wanderlei and nogueira,and i can die happy

had the honor of meeting my hero Wanderlei 4 times now once at his gym (check my av)...super cool and nice every time...you have me with the Fedor meet though, thats awesome!

had the honor of meeting my hero Wanderlei 4 times now once at his gym (check my av)...super cool and nice every time...you have me with the Fedor meet though, thats awesome!

i interviewed Fedor,over some skrewdrivers! :icon_chee

but i need to give nog a big hug bro,just cos of all the shit ive seen him endure haha

also had the chance to meet Shogun, Condit, JDS, Overeem and Cung... all were pretty cool but Cung looked like he was too cool for school wouldnt even look my direction when I was tryin to say something to him.

fuck wand is one of my all time heroes,man that is a great picture!

met a bunch at a fan expo so il share the notable ones

bj penn - awesome guy. his mom sister, troy mandaloniz and brother reagan were running his booth. very long story but i spoke to him his mom and sister for a long time. ddnt have much interaction with reagan and troy was kinda cocky and full of himself

guilard- spoke to him about judo. seemed like a decent guy

ksos - very nice guy

ben rothwell - very nice guy. massive in size. no one seemed to recognize him so it was alot of fun to hangout with him

sean sherk- very nice and friendly.Did a staredown pic and we both started laughing asked me if i did that b4 lol. made me go from disliking him to being a fan

clay guida- douchey asshole. i was second in line and he was just pre signing pictures b4 the fans got to him. i told him i was a fan and hes like "cool grab a card" i asked if i could get one with my name signed on it and he just gave me a dirty look then did it. Burping a lot and just gross in general.

koscheck- very full of himself. my friend was a huge fan and was excited to see himand he just seemed very bored and cranky he had to sign autographs.

jon fitch- i asked him for a stare down pic and he refused saying his shoulder was injured. i then asked him if he'd do me a favor, he said "whats that?" i asked him if he'd get his ass kicked by Penn in a rematch and he just laughed and shook his head. took it well considering i was being a dick lol.

duane ludwig. i asked him if i could get a picture and he said "hell ya mother fucker!" and did a stare down with me. very cool guy

matt mitrione- very funny and socialable. seemed happy to be there

bonnar- very nice and gigantic in person. i was 6'2 180 at the time and he dwarfed me. looked 6'4 245lbs of muscle. no clue how he made 205 lol

roy nelson. very arrogant and full of himself. complained about his merchandise shirt and a bunch of other things

also met stitch, chris lytle, torres mendes, brendan shaub, nate quarry, din thomas, jim miller, dustin poirer and a bunch of others

i interviewed Fedor,over some skrewdrivers! :icon_chee

but i need to give nog a big hug bro,just cos of all the shit ive seen him endure haha

Nog is the top of my list with Cro Cop...but figure I have a way better chance of meeting Nog.

been to a few shows here in/near boston where joe lauzon/john doomsday howard were at. never talked to any of them though.

Oh and my gym went to spar some of the guys over at team link, including Gonzaga.. im only 140lbs so i didnt even bother to spar him but he seemed like a very nice guy.

if u are a fan of Muay Thai i've met Cosmo Alexander (same gym, team link) and Coban.

Coban did a seminar at my gym, very quiet i tried talking to him about his career but i dont think hes english was good enough for that lol
Cosmo Alexander was sitting around talking about his past fights.. mentioned how hard Askerov hits, talked about how some sketchy fights in Thailand, etc etc

I've trained/met with a lot of fighters. MMA, Muay Thai and boxing. I have yet to meet one that has rubbed me the wrong way....although I have stories of other fighters at my gym who have had bad experiences with certain individuals.

Back in the day when Chael's number was on the internet, he was at the UFN here in Austin and my friend texted him saying that he saw him but never got the chance to meet him. He then called my friend then invited us to eat dinner with him. He was super friendly and as funny as you think he'd be.

Chatted with Matt Wiman and his girlfriend in a Whole Foods for a good half hour one time. Very nice guy.

Brandon Thatch. Just a super great guy.

Mike Swick. Very shy and reserved.

Forrest Griffin. Rode an elevator with him in Vegas about a month ago. He was very nice, but he wanted to stay low key. He got out of that elevator at a jog with his hat pulled way low.

Todd Duffee. I've gotten yellow carded in the past for telling that story. Evidently telling the truth is fighter bashing. That pretty much sums that up.

I've only met two...

I took a Matt Hughes seminar a few years back. He was very cool, really engaged with everyone. Told some cool stories about his UFC fights and tapped me with an americana as well haha.

I also met Costas Phillippou outside a club in Atlantic City. I think he had only 1 fight in the UFC at that point, but I knew him from a Jersey show where he beat my friend's training partner. I was completely wasted and told him I forgave him for beating up my friend's friend, which he found funny. I didn't want to bother him too much though since he was there with a girl, so I didn't get an autograph or anything.

Back