Fighters you've met...

I met Frankie Edgar and Chuck Liddell at a UFC Gym in NY.
Frankie was awesome I felt like I was good friends with the guy when I talked to him lol
Chuck wasn't as outgoing as Frankie but still very nice

I love how all the fighters are just normal people that know how to beat the crap out of anyone

i also did one of matt serra's seminars which was awesome

I also briefly met Pat Cote when some of his regional fighters from Quebec came to town to fight some of the guys from our gym at a local show. Quiet, humble and classy guy.

Bisping
Pickett
Pearson
Norman Parke

All were really approachable and friendly to talk to.

Bisping was going out of his way and made time for meeting fans when he didn't have to. He might get a bad rep on here, but he's genuinely a class guy.

He's got a bad rep because he's English. If he looked like Roy Nelson and talked with a southern twang, he'd be the most popular fighter on sherdog with American fans.

Met Clay Guida and Miguel Torres, both at the same club, on different nights and both were absolutely shitfaced.

P.S not impressed by Torres's girl game, I had hotter bitches that night.

i would really like to meet wanderlei and nogueira,and i can die happy

The only 2 Finnish fighters that have made it to the UFC, Tom Niinim

Not really a fighter but I met Dana White briefly, he commented on how awesome my shirt is and I commentated on how awesome he is and he smiled my way and said "thanks brother!"..

really nice guy lol which is why i'm really reluctant to call him out on shit like fighter pay, etc. cus i dont know the full picture and in the end he's just a promoter.. his job is to hype fights up and he does an amazing job at it.

Too many to name off, but pretty much everyone from ATT.

The bigger names I've met:

Randy
Mir
Condit
Liddell
Lombard
Thiago Alves
Jeff Monson
Mike Brown
Rashad

I met Nate Quarry for just a few seconds outside Hooters NYC during the Velasquez/Lesnar card. I asked him if he was Nate, just to make sure (he had a beard and stuff at the time so I didn't want to say anything stupid in case it wasn't). I didn't want to bother him with a picture (I didn't have a camera or any of my friends nearby) so I just shook his hand and told him to have a good night.

Then some annoying girls came over to him and asked for pictures and gushed for a bit lol. He didn't seem bugged or anything- had a smile on his face the whole time. Then he walked off alone into the streets of the city haha

Forgot to add, I met josh Barnett and jimmy ambriz at a new japan wrestling show, we were the only ones there that spoke English.

I've met basiclly every Swedish UFC fighter here in Stockholm, Alexander Gustafsson, Reza Madadi, Nico Musoke, Ilir Latifi, Magnus Cedenblad, Tor Troeng, Andreas St

I've met several at a bunch of different meet-n-greet when Strikeforce was making it to the Midwest. A couple that stand out are Lawler who was cool, he's similar to a lot of people around these parts so he seemed really normal. and Twood was really cool. He had his son with him and we shot the shit for a minute. My paint pen wasn't working for him to sign my handwraps so he messed around with it and got it to work so he could give me an autograph. He could have just blown me off.
Randleman acted like he was about to kill everyone in the place while I was getting my autograph from him. I didn't even ask him for a picture. Spider didn't want to take time for an autograph but after giving one to a hot chick I guilted him into it, lol.
Most of all the other fighters just seemed bored and ready to get their appearances done so they could go about their way. Can't say I blame em.

Guida after the Sanchez fight.
Sherk, a while back, had be about 3-4 years ago.
Mir after the second Nog fight.
Wandy after Bisping fight.
Mayhem, when he was back in the UFC, when i think he was suppose to fight Story.
Nam Phan not sure who he had just fought or was fighting at the time.
Herb Dean, I think before Mir/Nog fight.
Randy, recently.

Guida was mellow.
Sherk was seemed surprised someone knew him.
Mir was so cool. I'm not his fan, but he seemed humble and easy going.
Wandy, what's there to say, he's a fan favorite and goes out of his way.
Mayhem, i saw him when there was some fighter conference here in Vegas. Of course he was Mayhem being Mayhem, just funny and silly, before he went on a path of Mayhem.
Nam was also there at the conference. He was so humble.
Herb was cool but a little in a rush so I understood.
Randy was cool.

Cool to see all these people post.
Ive only met CB Dolloway and Aaron Simpson during the Shogun Vera card here in Los Angeles on 2012. Both super duper cool dudes and were both buzzing pretty hard. They both looked happy somebody recognized them and we're totally cool with taking a pic. Always root for em now

I also met Joey Beltran. That dude was so cool. He was just taking pics with everybody and smiling the whole time. Awesome guy.

When I stayed in vegas for Andy/Chael 2 I went to the fan expo and met Okami, Erick Silva and Jake Ellenberger. I was shocked at how huge Yushin was, dude towered over me and I'm 6 ft.

Also rode the tram to the expo with Erick, and talked to Matt Mitrione who was standing over by a garbage can with his girlfriend lol. When I was standing in line to meet Ellenberger, Nate diaz and his peeps stopped on the other side of the rope next to me to take a pic with some guy. I really wanted to meet Cain and Wandy but their lines were ridiculous and my buddy who was with me (and isn't much of a MMA fan) was growing impatient :/

Back