Fighters you've met...

Rambo89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
For people that have met UFC fighters, who has been the coolest/most approachable and who has been the biggest jerk/least approachable...

I met Donald Cerrone in Toronto and he was super cool, didn't act like Hollywood and talked to me for a good 15 minutes... Also sat beside Leonard Garcia at the last Chicago card and watched Cerrone KO Martins which was really neat cuz Garcia was cheering with me and grabbing my shoulder jumping around lol..

Luke Rockhold on the other hand was such an asshole to me and didn't take a pic with me and pretty much blew me off... I said "Good job on the Costa fight" and he turned around and said in an angry voice "Dude, I am fuckin busy"

Share yours

GSP
Hughes
Franklin

I think that's it.

Bisping
Pickett
Pearson
Norman Parke

All were really approachable and friendly to talk to.

Bisping was going out of his way and made time for meeting fans when he didn't have to. He might get a bad rep on here, but he's genuinely a class guy.

George Sotiropoulos works out at the gym here in town. I see him almost everyday so I never bothered to try and take a picture of whatever. it's a small gym and I just rather let him exercise on his own. but I've talked to him several times. hes not exactly beloved by anyone who's ever met him.

Met Faber & Munoz, both were pretty laid back. Munoz signed something addressed to my wife thanking her for her service, which was cool (she was deployed at the time).

Met Faber & Munoz, both were pretty laid back. Munoz signed something addressed to my wife thanking her for her service, which was cool (she was deployed at the time).

dat vcash :eek:

Butterbean, smelled weird.
Dan Severn, sounded funny.
TJ Grant, was bald.

Tito in LA
Gus here i Stockholm
Martin Holm here in Stockholm
Omar Bouiche here in Stockholm
J

GSP, great guy.
Alexander Gustafsson, childhood friends with his sister
Some more not well known ^^

Couture was cool, all the wisconsin guys too....pettis, askren, rothwell, etc

I have met a bunch of UFC fighters because I have been fortunate to attend a few UFC events, and ROF in Broomfield, CO.

Shane Carwin, Donald Cerrone, Leonard Garcia, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Kit Cope (tagging along at the time with Nate/Nick), Manny G., Anthony Johnson, Rampage,
Clay Guida, Joe Lauzon, Kurt Pellegrino, Brendan Schaub, Brandon Vera, Brandon Thatch, pretty much everyone at Grudge Training Center...(I used to work with Owen Taylor their boxing coach for 4 years , and a very close friend of mine lives one house down from Trevor Wittman oddly enough).

Funny, Nate and Nick were actually pretty cool guys. They were not assholes as they would seem. They were both talkative and friendly. Out of all of them, I would say Leonard Garcia was the most likeable/approachable and pleasant to speak to.

Stipe and Jessica Eye in Cleveland when they were part of the "Hunt For UFC" tour back in October

I met Ryan Ford after MFC in in Edmonton the guy scared the hell out of me

Cain... really nice guy and I met him before he was in ufc and after he was champ.
Jon Fitch...Nice, humble guy
Jake Shields....Nice guy
BJ Penn...BJ is a really cool dude.
Nick Diaz...I discussed mountain biking with him. not what you see on tv. soft spoken and nice guy
Josh Thomson...cocky arrogant jerk and know at least 10 people that would say the same thing.
Cung Le....Nice dude
Frank Shamrock...ran into him at local brewery. He sat next to me at the bar and I bought him a beer and he bought me one too
Mike Kyle...super nice guy, see him quite often and always a nice guy

These were not just hello. I actually had conversations with all and Cain was probably the one that stands out most. Just a really nice down to earth dude.

Took my 5 yr old to check out Volkman's wrestling club. He was neither friendly nor an ass, a just a bit robotic: "Hi" and "Bye" type of interaction.

never had a bad experience

i guess Arlovski was a bit "robotic"

Fedor,Don Frye,Bas,Couture and Frank Shamrock were among my best meetings

I met Mir when he was (interim) heavyweight champ, right before the 2nd Brock fight. He took the time to take pictures with me, my wife and my newborn son, he signed my wife's welding helmet and answered every mma question I had for him politely and intelligently and held a conversation with me for as long as I wanted. I was a fan of his since the early days and my wife became a fan when he coached on TUF but this raised it to another level. My FB pic is of me and Frank squaring off and he is now one of my all time favorite fighters. I will cheer for him now no matter who or what he is up against.

I've met BJ Penn.

You know exactly where....

Back