Fighters you believe who were overhyped and then crash and burned out of the division?

Thomas Almeida. I was excited for the dude too, but then I saw him nearly get finished by Pickett's corpse on more than one occasion, and realized that the boy had huge holes in his game.

Was hilarious to see how many people thought he was going to run over Cody.

TimelyMintyEasternnewt.gif

i think he will leave division or become gatekeeper. You dont seem to understand that i am talking about fighters that were upper tier but never elite elite.

You are right - I don't understand lol

Your thread title and op and then responses have me kind of confused.

If Gaethje gets KO'd 2 more times, we can add him to the list.

Was hilarious to see how many people thought he was going to run over Cody.
I was one of those guys, lol. I swear I saw so much potential in that kid. I knew that the winner of that fight was gonna be champ some day. Didn't think a loss would kill the others career though.

Given the recent circumstances, can we say Yair?

Gastelum isn't a world beater. he'll prob never be champ. on that we agree.

but he's better than most. probably a perennial middle top 10 or higher.

so if you think only being about the 4th best fighter in the world is 'overhyped'.....then on that we disagree.

I was one of those guys, lol. I swear I saw so much potential in that kid. I knew that the winner of that fight was gonna be champ some day. Didn't think a loss would kill the others career though.
I don't think the loss killed his career so much as him not fixing his holes did. Dude still has potential, but unless he decides to change up his training, he'll end up like Charles Oliveira.

To me Gastellum is this.

but none of his fans or many people will listen to me and will instead say ´´´look at him beating everyone´´ ignoring the state that kennedy and vitor (especially Vitor was in by that fight). Or bisping.

then barely beats jacare and now is future GOAT

conor flamed out

Brandon Vera is a prime example

Conor. Got sweet matchups and an easy road to a title shot at 145, left the division instead of fighting contenders there, got immediate title shot against a favorable matchup at 155, then disappeared from that division as well rather than fighting any contenders or even top 10 guys.

Above all else, the OG Casual Hype Machine Kimbo Slice

Sage Northcutt

\

PVZ

Houston Alexander

Crocop (UFC)

Bork Lazer obviously. When Cain turned him into a spinning pinata and Overeem gave him diverticulitis those goddamn WWE idiots finally realized the truth.

"Baddest man on the planet" for going 1:1 against Mir and destroying 85 year old Couture lol.

Rousey. Worst champion of all time. Never has someone been so lucky in their timing with respect to their entrance within a sport. I refuse to use the word fighter and her name in the same sentence. Un-fucking-believable.

Given the recent circumstances, can we say Yair?

No. Yair is a promising prospect that go thrown to the wolves WAY too quickly. Beating an old and shriveled BJ Penn should not have qualified him to fight Frankie. Also Frankie's style is maybe the worst matchup at 145 for him. He will rebound

I thought Tony Ferguson would end up like this. I guess he's proven me wrong.
In all fairness, people with his exact same skillset exist in pretty much every division, and never really get past gatekeeper level, high end contender if they get lucky in matchups (J-Lau, Struve, Condit, etc). LW is just really shallow right now.

Back