Fighters who would have gone down as mythical god like people if they had retired earlier..

0-1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Imagine Anderson silva retired before the weidman fight

Imagine conor retired after the aldo fight

Not that it would have been a good idea to retire at that time but imagine the mystic and aura of sheer invincibility they would have been remembered by, its crazy what a few losses can do to ones legacy.

For me anderson silva when he was on that crazy run had the most insane god like aura of invincibility iv'e ever felt from any other fighter ever, it was an amazing time to be alive no other fighter came close to having that aura for me.

What other fighters would be looked at today in a completely different light if only that had retired a bit earlier in their career?

Not that it would have been a good idea to retire at that time but imagine the mystic and aura of sheer invincibility they would have been remembered by, its crazy what a few losses can do to ones legacy.

For me anderson silva when he was on that crazy run had the most insane god like aura of invincibility iv'e ever felt from any other fighter ever, it was an amazing time to be alive no other fighter came close to having that aura for me.

What other fighters would be looked at today in a completely different light if only that had retired a bit earlier in their career?

You haven't watched Fedor fights in Pride.

Conor after Aldo fight = god?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Last edited:
probably Anderoid, him continuing fighting and popping destroyed his legacy imo

giphy.gif

Ronda Rousey after Bethe Correia.

If he didn't have a mysterious drop off once USADA came then get popped it wouldn't be as bad. If the man is going to cheat despite USADA then he must of been on some Gorilla juice when they were turning away from drug use.

Coinor after Aldo fight = god?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

As a self confessed conor hater, conors aura after the aldo fight was at an all time high, not just based on resume, his whole personality, the whole mystic mac prediction law of attraction shit he had going on.

Chuck if he retired after Chuck/Tito 2.
The Reem if he retired after Lesnar fight.
BJ if he retired after the Matt Hughes KO, or earlier after the Sean Sherk TKO.
GSP if he retires now.
The Spider before Weidman.

Mighty Mouse if he finishes Cejudo in the rubber match and retires (or before losing belt to Cejudo).
Jon Jones if he beats The Mauler and DC and retires.
Khabib and Tony if they both retire now.
Holloway if he comes back and wins and retires.

As a self confessed conor hater, conors aura after the aldo fight was at an all time high, not just based on resume, his whole personality, the whole mystic mac prediction law of attraction shit he had going on.
Man, this is outrageous. Doesn't make sense at all. He is a nobody today, imagine at that time?! Only because he got a 13 seconds knockout against the FW GOAT? Serious? Why he didn't give the Aldo deserved rematch and prove it again, then?

Last edited:

Not God like but Shields would have gone down as one of the best if he retired after Henderson. Lombard if he never went to the UFC comes mind.

I guess il see it when khabib retires

I'd say Penn after the Sanchez fight.

He had losses but they were close or to much bigger men - in the case of GSP 1-2 of the top p4p guys.

Fedor after the Werdum fight.

Anderson after the 2nd Weidman fight - it was clear he was past his prime by then.

Erick Silva when he finally reaches his prime.

The answer is Anderson Silva before the Weidman fight.

Mods, you can close the thread.

Back