Fighters Who just Shut you up/proved you wrong

I'm talking about fighters that you gave them no chance to win,
or fighters that you just can't wait to see them get KTFO/SUB but just shut you up.

For me, just a couple that I can think of now

1) Kid Yamamoto vs Genki Sudo - not discrediting Yamamoto, but I was pretty sure Genki would win

2) Brian Bowles vs Miguel Torres - absolutely shocked at this one

3) Fabricio Werdum vs Fedor Emelianenko - Also shocked, although in hindsight seemed kind of careless of Fedor to escape an attempt and just go right into it again.

and little more recently...

4) Conor Mcgregor vs Eddie Alvarez - I really thought Eddie would win by decision, but was completely utterly raped instead. I was really looking forward to see Conor's sad face again (just like when he got choked by Nate), but man did he shut me up with that flawless performance.

5) Cody Garbrandt vs Dominick Cruz - I really thought Cody would swing at air all night long, but what a fight and what a performance. Was also looking forward to see young Cody get humbled by Cruz, but also got shut up.

McGregor vs Mendes and Aldo for me. I wanted and expected him to lose to both of them but ended up finishing them both.

Stipe vs Werdum/Overeem: I knew Stipe had KO power and a decent chin, but thought he lacked technique. Werdum was coming off a big win over Cain, but got reckless and walked into Stipe's fist. Stipe survived an early scare from Reem, who then showed sloppy technique and paid for it.

I have to agree with Garbrandt vs Cruz.

I didn't even imagine Garbrandt winning.

Dilly/Barao 1. Literally gave TJ 0 chance in that fight. He shut me up.

Forrest vs Rampage,, honestly thought he had no chance

TJ+Dillashaw+Drops+Renan+Barao+UFC+173.gif

Bisping vs Salt-hold.

Before that fight I always referred to Mike as the "Gatekeeper of Gatekeepers".

Teh Count socked Luke AND myself straight in the mouf and shut us the F up.

giphy.gif
I must admit that I was very shocked at this one too!
I always lol at the "F YOU" after he climbs on the fence haha

I'm talking about fighters that you gave them no chance to win,
or fighters that you just can't wait to see them get KTFO/SUB but just shut you up.

For me, just a couple that I can think of now

1) Kid Yamamoto vs Genki Sudo - not discrediting Yamamoto, but I was pretty sure Genki would win

2) Brian Bowles vs Miguel Torres - absolutely shocked at this one

3) Fabricio Werdum vs Fedor Emelianenko - Also shocked, although in hindsight seemed kind of careless of Fedor to escape an attempt and just go right into it again.

and little more recently...

4) Conor Mcgregor vs Eddie Alvarez - I really thought Eddie would win by decision, but was completely utterly raped instead. I was really looking forward to see Conor's sad face again (just like when he got choked by Nate), but man did he shut me up with that flawless performance.

5) Cody Garbrandt vs Dominick Cruz - I really thought Cody would swing at air all night long, but what a fight and what a performance. Was also looking forward to see young Cody get humbled by Cruz, but also got shut up.
Genki is one of the most overrated fighters in history.

Bisping vs Salt-hold.

Before that fight I always referred to Mike as the "Gatekeeper of Gatekeepers".

Teh Count socked Luke AND myself straight in the mouf and shut us the F up.

giphy.gif

I don't think there is anything more shocking than this result.

Woodley has surprised me. But it's not like Wonderboy really tried to put up too much of a fight, but Woodley looked much better striking against him than I thought he would. And Bisping absolutely surprised me.

Ronda against Nunes. Not like I thought Amanda couldn't get the job done, I just conceptualized Rousey's return fight as being similar to McGregor's redemption at UFC 202, where most everyone thinks she'll lose but she ends up shutting all the doubters up. Needless to say, that didn't happen.

Barbarian at 205, and Rose vs Michelle.

Just a cpl fairly recent ones. Both fed me huge shit burgers. It's not bad being wrong sometimes. When you say...

Fuck me...I didn't see that comin. And that is the best thing about mma, imo.

Jon Jones shut me up a few times.

Back