Fighters who had overrated punching power and were exposed

Is this a Conor's hate thread because I love it!

What's that have to do with punching power?

It doesn't but people had Ngannou as the favorite solely because of his supposed punching power. There was literally nothing else that could make you believe he could beat Stipe. My point was that fans overrate punching power as hell.

He has a pretty good finish (tko) rate but his failings de-mystify any real 1 punch power that anyone should logically attribute to him. Nice reply, orange belt. You type fast as fuck.
I remember Eddie Alvarez saying after his loss that what surprised him wasn't Conor's power, but his speed and accuracy.

Ngannou had Stipe in trouble on power alone. A lot of things about him were overrated, but power wasn't one of them.

Ngoon has crazy power
Not overrated
Rumble, not overrated
Straight punching will generally prevail over wide shots
Wind-up at your own risk

Ngannou had Stipe in trouble on power alone. A lot of things about him were overrated, but power wasn't one of them.

To believe as many did — even Ngannou was saying it — that all the Predator had to do was connect "and then you know what happens" was overrating his power. Of course he has huge power, but he doesn't have a never-fail Touch of Death.

I remember Eddie Alvarez saying after his loss that what surprised him wasn't Conor's power, but his speed and accuracy.
Well said. Over all, I can't argue against his striking ability.

He just never caught Stipe flush and after a round and a half he was too gassed to do anything anyways. Stipe took some glancing blows and few semi-solid ones to the upper head/brow but never really got hit square on the chin by Ngannou. If he had he would have been in much more trouble than he ever was in that fight.

Weak attempt at a bashing thread for Ngannou.

So he's not good enough to be champ. That means his power was overrated? He didn't lose the match because of a lack of power lol.

You weren't a fan of the sport when he was in his prime if you think that. Chuck KOd people while backpeddaling, he had legit power.
Pretty much every guy listed has "legit power"

Who's power is/was overrated is the question

Eez my opinion

Hendricks.

Dude was murdering mo-foz early, then couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag, post-USADA.

He also could clear like half the octagon while throwing a punch. After the stricter testing he lost so much of his explosiveness.

Hendricks.

Dude was murdering mo-foz early, then couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag, post-USADA.
Came here to say Big Pigg but thanks!

Oh wait he isn't UFC (snicker)...

Joe Rogan - "Joanna is a world class amazing striker and everyone she hits drops, her combo's are lightning fast and her power is off the charts, her opponents just can't withstand. Shes amazing for sure, undoubtely the best striker we ever seen in womens MMA, she can knockout anyone''.

Joanna knocking everyone out LMAO, thats bullshit and total nonsense because she always goes to decision, 5 round decisions, shes a point fighter, her last 6 fights have gone to 5 round decisions before she lost to Rosey, there are no knockouts LMAO.

Everyone is the p4p greatest striker ever with Rogan if they are on a 1 fight win streak haha. His hype nonsense is beyond pathetic at this point

Yeah as her fights went on you could see that certainly her technique was good but she had no power. That is why Rose did such a great job and beat her. She went into the fight with the mindset that I will take one to land one. She can’t hurt me.

Back