Fighters who are usually winning until they lose

Boevik

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
AA comes to mind who was winning Fedor fight until that happens
fedor-arlovski-1.gif~c200

Fedor himself was winning almost each of his fight until he lost.

29ntb0y.jpg

5.gif

Who else?

Melvin Manhoef against Robbie Lawler is a really good one.

I'm not sure about winning, I'd have to rewatch the fights, but I remember Chuck fighting on even terms with Rashad, Shogun, and Franklin before being KO'd.

Chael against Anderson is the ultimate one, and he had a habit of doing it throughout his career via great wrestling and poor submission defense.

Boxing, but Michael Moorer against Foreman. I had Moorer up 9-0 going into that 10th round.

Overeem does this all the fucking time. Bigfoot, Browne, Stipe. I'm sure I'm missing many more.

Machida. I had him winning the first round of Shogun II pretty handily before he got KO'd in that same first round. I had him up 1-0 against Jones before he got choked out in the second round, and got dropped like a hot potato.

That's all I got for now lol.

Overeem. One of my favourite fighters, but so painful to watch

Melvin manhoef
Melvin guillard
Young prospect Erick Silva
Weidman

Chael Sonnen
Jorge Masvidal (when the fight goes to a decision)

Overeem. Especially in Pride when he was cutting massive weight. Was awesome for about 3 min, then gassed horribly and usually got KTFO

Weidman immediately comes to mind. I don't think he's ever lost a first round. Perhaps arguably to Kelvin for the late flash knockdown, but man when he's fresh he looks unstoppable.

Rumble would be another guy that if fights only lasted 5 minutes might not ever lose.

overeem, belfort, mcgregor, weidman

I always get nervous when Masvidal goes to a decision. Judges seem to screw him.

Back