Fighters who are currently fighting in the wrong divisions

I will enjoy see Conor at HW

Nikita K at HW was not IMO where he belongs. I would like to see him focus on LHW.

It seems many of the LW fighters are freaking giants..(it's that 15lb jump to WW that's a big deal)
-Khabib
-K. Lee
-Tony
-J. Vick
-M. Cheisa

If Khabib misses weight for this fight he is definitely in the wrong division

205 is an entire division of people who are scared of HWs. Not only that but nearly every fighter in the UFCcuts at least ten pounds, therefore every fighter in the UFC could move up a weight class.

205 is an entire division of people who are scared of HWs. Not only that but nearly every fighter in the UFCcuts at least ten pounds, therefore every fighter in the UFC could move up a weight class.

LHW is also a division for guys too heavy to cut to MW. Your average LHW walks around 225-230. The big ones like Gustafsson (who said he could easily weigh over 240 if he wanted to on Joe Rogan's podcast) could fight at HW and not even be outsized. Stipe weighted 243 vs DC so that should say it.

Some fighters can make weight for certain divisions, but it may be too unhealthy or dangerous for them in the long run.

What fighters do you think are fighting in the wrong division for the sake of their career?

I think Holloway is ruining his longevity by trying to continue to make FW.
i would really like to see Holloway at 155, there would be so many great matchups available for him

Most of these fighters need to move to their proper weight class.
All this weight cutting slows them down and gasses them out.
As fans, we're not seeing many of them at their best, so when we do see the rare few who don't weight cut, the fighter looks phenomenally fit or grossly outsized (Joe Duffy Vs James Vick still pisses me off).
Rumble moving up closer to his weight at LHW did him loads of good for his energy levels come fight night. He just looked so much more explosive than all the other LHW. His only problem was not having an answer to DC's wrestling.
If Rumble didn't retire, he could've just kept battering all the other up,n,coming LHW's and we would have a Woodley/Thompson situation.
Weight cutting ruins it for the fans on two levels.
One, we are seeing fighters more chinny and more lethargic.
Two we aren't even seeing fights as they wind up in hospital or they can't make the weight. Max Holloway not even being able to reach LW division a class above his usual weight lost me some respect for him.
I've stopped giving a shit about the belts since most champs who win it are oversized and by the time they have it, they can barely make most of their fights from weight cutting.
I mean, titles can be stripped from injuries and pay disputes to begin with. Now there is the third headache of the champion not even being able to reach his weight class.
All the fighters themselves don't give a shit about the belts. They just want main event spots for the bigger pay day. Notice how Woodley didn't care about his title but started crying when receiving his black belt. Says it all really.

Back