Fighters who are currently fighting in the wrong divisions

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Some fighters can make weight for certain divisions, but it may be too unhealthy or dangerous for them in the long run.

What fighters do you think are fighting in the wrong division for the sake of their career?

I think Holloway is ruining his longevity by trying to continue to make FW.

I think Cerrone going up to WW for as long as he did was a mistake. Instead of facing Masvidal, he should have went back to 155, riding a 4 fight win streak.

I think Cerrone going up to WW for as long as he did was a mistake. Instead of facing Masvidal, he should have went back to 155, riding a 4 fight win streak.

It's really messed up if it's true the UFC told him he couldn't go back down to LW. That's what he said.

Lando would be a top 15 at 145, and Perry isnt any bigger than some of the bigger 155'rs.

Both of em say the weight cut to the lower division was brutal, but did either of em have pros in their camps helping em make the weight at that point in their careers?

wouldn't mind seeing what Luke could do at LHW

Rockhold vs Rua or OSP would work

Till
Holloway
Ortega
Tim Elliot
Tibau
Vick
Prazeres was at 155 just moved up 185
Scoggins

Some fighters can make weight for certain divisions, but it may be too unhealthy or dangerous for them in the long run.

What fighters do you think are fighting in the wrong division for the sake of their career?

I think Holloway is ruining his longevity by trying to continue to make FW.
ALL OF THEM!
Frankie was actually in the right division (LW), but Dana forced him down because the other guys (who had to starve to make weight) were much bigger than him.

ALL OF THEM!
Frankie was actually in the right division (LW), but Dana forced him down because the other guys (who had to starve to make weight) were much bigger than him.

I agree. Same with Donald. 170 is actually perfect for him despite all the giant weight cutting cheats.

Holloway
Ortega
Vick
Till
Rockhold
Romero
Adesanya
Jon Jones if he ever comes back

Gunnar Nelson and Perry are way too small for the current WW division, but If rats like Till are thrown out or beaten out, they will survive.

This current generation of fighters just seem like one weight class above, if you take them back 5-10 years. Weightcutting > skill nowadays.

Brock Lesnar. He belongs in Super Heavyweight. Make it happen UFC!

Insert cyborg joke

maxresdefault.jpg

Insert Dern Joke

fglL4iQ_d.jpg

Follow up with hot pics

Xz7h0F7_d.jpg
289219_623224_img_20160630_wa0055.0.0.jpg
mackenzie-dern-2.jpg

Add a Gina pic (there always ends up being a Gina pic)
latest

Gunnar Nelson should make 155 easy

Back