Fighters UFC tries to promote

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am talking about fresh blood.
How many will succeed and how many will fail?

1. Mike Perry
2. Uriah Hall
3. Kevin Lee
4. Derrick Lewis
5. Lando Vannata
6. Paige VanZant
7. Darren Till
8. Derek Brunson
9. Colby Covington
10. Ion Cutelaba
11. Paulo Borrachinha

12. Mickey Gall
13. Sage Northcutt
14. Junior Albini
15. Marcin Tybura
16. Kelvin Gastelum
17. Justin Gaethje
18. Misha Cirkunov

Personally, I think only Perry, Vannata, Cutelaba, Borrachinha, Gaethje and Cirkunov will succeed. For the others they have a wrong approach, pairing them with old legends to "get a name" and then being inconsistent or fight very rare.

In addition, they ignore fighters such as Choi Doo-ho or lose good fighters like Kyoji Horiguchi.

I am talking about fresh blood.
How many will succeed and how many will fail?

1. Mike Perry
2. Uriah Hall
3. Kevin Lee
4. Derrick Lewis
5. Lando Vannata
6. Paige VanZant
7. Darren Till
8. Derek Brunson
9. Colby Covington
10. Ion Cutelaba
11. Paulo Borrachinha

12. Mickey Gall
13. Sage Northcutt
14. Junior Albini
15. Marcin Tybura
16. Kelvin Gastelum
17. Justin Gaethje
18. Misha Cirkunov

Personally, I think only Perry, Vannata, Cutelaba, Borrachinha, Gaethje and Cirkunov will succeed. For the others they have a wrong approach, pairing them with old legends to "get a name" and then being inconsistent or fight very rare.

In addition, they ignore fighters such as Choi Doo-ho or lose good fighters like Kyoji Horiguchi.

Platinum is too real for the casuals. Lando is too quiet, doesn't talk enough shit.

VanZant is just an attention whore, can't fight for shit. Derrick Lewis has a low ceiling but is a cool guy. Hall just isn't reliable and is a salty fucker sometimes.

I'd say Kevin Lee or Just Gaethje - but Gaethje will more than likely remain a hardcore favorite.

Did Conor lose his aura after getting choked out by a Lightweight gatekeeper on two week's notice?

*weeks

Dana would promote shit on a stick if people will buy it.

Too polarizing? What like McGregor and Rousey? And some of us are old enough to remember when, far from being an icon, Ali was despised by most of mainstream America.

Dana seems to be promoting boxing more these days.

Mike Perry has a good chance though.

Dana seems to be promoting boxing more these days.
I see a big different on how PRIDE was promoting fighters, creating characters.... take for example Minowa. He was not an excellent fighter, but he was well promoted and he got fans.

Ortega should be getting a bigger push from the UFC.

Did Conor lose his aura after getting choked out by a Lightweight gatekeeper on two weeks notice?

Maybe, but it didn't affect the size of his future paychecks.

Btw when it comes to being a potential PPV draw, there's no such thing as being "too polarizing." Mayweather and Tyson serve as good examples in that regard.
Ali as well, pro wrestling has proven being hated can cause people to spend money to see you beat senseless!

PVZ and sage- lets face it, no matter how good or bad they do they'll always have the UFC marketing machine behind them because they are congenial and You need a base of good looking congenial fighters that other good looking and congenial viewers can relate to and possibly invest a career in mma(a beautiful people feeder system of sorts)
Which is money in the bank for the new HOLLYWOOD UFC

Justin gaethje-future fan favorite and champ no doubt....trial by fire with MJ proved that

PLATINUM PERRY- more power than hurricane irma, packing more heat than Danny D and Luke Rockhold combined
and has cultivated a look/demeanor so surly you can't help but watch him as he beats opponents into a living death

Perry's pace is indomitable, while his fighting style is frenetic....his abilities to take punishment and keep coming are on par with a horror movie slasher
Platinum is the most unwavering embodiment of vince lombardi's immortal phrase "we didn't lose, we just ran out of time"
When one fights against him , they are not looking to finish platinum but are simply trying to survive

I find it no coincidence that his nickname is taken from one of the most precious metals on this planet....just like platinum he is sought after , cherished and envied for his power of energy conduction and intristic value

The sky's the limit for the flint Michigan native and Florida transplant
Who has used his black belt in "dem hands" to position himself as a newly heralded contender in the deepest division in the UFC

Black beast- fan favorite at best....doesnt take the game serious enough....amusing enough fellow (although I can see many people(Naacp) being turned off by his caricature stereotype personality if he ever achieved title status)

Paulo borrachinho- USADA train wreck waiting to happen....but he's hot....so that helps

Also...his surname sounds like a poorly flung insult from Kevin Lee to a glass jawed fighter

Kelvin gastelum- has all the tools to (beside his physical intangibles, he is good looking and can represent the desired hispanic market well)
take the strap at 170 imo if he could lay off the fuckin dinner table(i say that with love)

Mickey gall- the dark horse...good looking, well skilled and made Dana kiss his ass twice so far (sage and punk) which might not bode well for him really

Misha- I'll admit I was on his hype train
And i'll still be his ride or die...if he stops performing his best wanderlei striking pantomime and actually get some fundamentals

Last edited:
U forgot Cynthia Calvillo.
She's the next big thing in WMMA

It depends on your definition of succeed. Do you mean being a draw or having the potential to contend for a title?

Sage and Paige are the best looking but I doubt either will fight for too long. They don't want to mess up their good looks. Try will try to pull a Roger Huerta and get into acting/modeling probably.

Some of the fighters on the list are a little older like Hall and Brunson. They're good but based on their fights and age I don't see either ever contending for a belt.

U forgot Cynthia Calvillo.
She's the next big thing in WMMA

Lol there will continue to be the next big thing in WMMA until the skill level starts improving even more

Good list and of course platinum on top like he should be

I agree in the UFC not promoting the Asian fighters enough though. They should heavily promote Choi and Korean Zombie for the Korean market and Jingling Like for the Chinese market

Did Conor lose his aura after getting choked out by a Lightweight gatekeeper on two weeks notice?

Maybe, but it didn't affect the size of his future paychecks.

Btw when it comes to being a potential PPV draw, there's no such thing as being "too polarizing." Mayweather and Tyson serve as good examples in that regard.
Lmao I didn't wanna be a dick in my first post and say you were probably going to give some transparent response about conor.....but anyways yea there are big and obvious difference that make 2 diverging paths for lee and conor

A. Conor had already built himself up to the point where he "could do no wrong"(even in defeat)
And B. The way he lost....call it stupid but In many fans eyes getting outstruck(by a supposedly inferior striker no less) is a harder pill to swallow for fans and marketing than getting subbed by an obviously superior grappler
And C. Better excuses....as juvenile as this sounds conor really
always worked himself into a "wrong place right time" situation in defeat
"Diaz is a grappling king that I was outstriking with ease before I gassed"

"Floyd is the best boxer ever and I took him to ten rounds on a two month camp"

Conor always talks himself into a better posture after losing...while Lee looks shellshocked when Santos is brought up....it makes you look vulnerable and your confidence/ braggadocio come off as flat and a blanket for percieved insecurities

To answer the other part....yes Lee is too polarizing....he creates controversy among fans and on the forums (and not in a we can argue about this fighter with levity kind of way) he truly takes you out of the experience that MMA and other forms of entertainment are all about
....social escapism

conor skirted a fine line in his race/ethnic baiting ( and i think you'll find most fan of all backgrounds tend to agree) coming off more as wrestling heel with a goal of creating "heat" than person alienating his audience as Lee does
Kevin either has a pathology that makes him predisposed to that or he's so much more derrivitave than conor that he can't come up with anything better

Mayweather had the same affect/abilities as McGregor in this regard
While Tyson was too comical and terrifying at the same time to not be entertaining

Lee doesn't do any of that...his trash talk is a la Bernard Hopkins saying he'd "never let a white boy beat him" and then proceeds to get lit up by one....it just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth And is the most damning indicator that his success in the UFC has a ceiling

EDIT:because auto correct is borderline retarded

Last edited:
How could TS left out the biggest prospect in ufc ??

20140204113030_erick_silva.JPG

Too polarizing? What like McGregor and Rousey? And some of us are old enough to remember when, far from being an icon, Ali was despised by most of mainstream America.
<36>
Lol
Ali came during the perfect storm (civil rights, vietnam, hippy culture)
People are tired of that shit nowadays and the only time people wanna get #WOKE is in the morning or late afternoon

Back