Fighters that you simply can't appreciate skillwise

Why don't you appreciate Romero? He's a blessing to MMA

Well. I might have misunderstood the question in the thread. I like watching him fight, I just don't like his skillset and don't think it's that great to be honest, but it keeps working for him.....so, I don't know. I'm weird. I felt the same way about lawler even when he was tearing shit up.

I don't really know how else to say it so i hope you get my meaning. There are fighters that are considered great (overall or in one area) but you simply can't see it, even though you want to. You don't hate them, you might even enjoy their fights or some of them but you simply can't see that "something" everyone is talking about.

For me Stephen Thompson, Santiago Ponzinibbio and Dominic Cruz are prime examples of this. I know they are good fighters but i can't see what is THAT great about them. There are probably more but these guys come to mind easily for me.

Any fighters that fit this description for you? Also, feel free to talk about the ones mentioned above, why they might come off like this and what should i look for to change my mind.
Mighty Mouse because he's too small

Thompson employs a uniquely unorthodox karate stance and has a series of highlight headkick KO’s. How would it be difficult for anyone to identify a) his specialty and b) why he gives other fighters trouble?

I think Stipe is the best answer. He does nothing flashy and he never reached the pinnacle in any of his specialty disciplines but he’s athletic, fundamentally balanced, tough as fuck and listens to his corner.

Though she got exposed eventually I always thought Ronda's skills were exaggerated cause her opponents were either inexperience or just had very poor fight iq. I admit I didn't think Holly would tune her up that bad though.

Back