*Fighters that are trapped between two weight classes*

Kelvin belongs at WW. The size difference between him and the top MW's (other than Romero) is obvious. Gastelum only lacks "dietary discipline". Smoking weed and trying to maintain a strict diet doesn't normally go hand in hand.

Although he won titles at both McGregor is a little big for the featherweight and a little small for dehydrated Welterweights

Matt Serra always said he was a tweener and would have ran a 163/ 165 division

Hendo always kinda was, but one thing I always enjoyed about him is he never seemed to give a fuck about size.

Hendo wasn't, he was an average sized middleweight. And despite being a small LHW it only made a difference in one of his fights there.

I think bisping has said that he can have a lot of trouble making 185 but really isn't big enough to be a competitive lhw

Kelvin is only trapped inside his love for supreme burritos.

^ never trained/cut weight in his life

That's very commendable yet, still don't buy it. Part of these guy's job is the weight cut. I won't be shedding any tears for them.

The weight classes are fine as they are. Kelvin, Johnny H etc. need a good nutritionist and some discipline and I think they'd be just fine making 170.

RDA is a very fine example.

People don't realize what an enormous jump in weight 15lbs is in combat sports.

I think the gap should be greater. No one should be able to pick and choose their weight class. They should be set up so fighting in two weight classes would be next to impossible. And if course less divisions would be better.

Open

Something like that.

Hendo always kinda was, but one thing I always enjoyed about him is he never seemed to give a fuck about size.
Loved the embeddeds leading upto the cormier fight with DC struggling cutting all that weight and Hendo had nothing to do wandering about getting massages fucking with DC buying him chicken

hendricks missing weight at mw shows it's not a physical but a mental problem. it's not a matter of him being able to make the weight, it's just his mindset of wanting to cut as much weight as possible to have a competitive advantage

Didn't Thiago Alves sort of fit this category? Trouble making 170. Too small/stocky for 185.

Kelvin isn't too big for WW at all.
He just lacks the discipline, plain and simple.
I have a feeling he might be might be more motivated to make 170 after last night.

Benson Henderson, too small for WW - to big for LW

Getting rid of 170 and making 165 and 175 would solve a lot of issues, including the constant logjams for the 155 and 170 titles.

That's very commendable yet, still don't buy it. Part of these guy's job is the weight cut. I won't be shedding any tears for them.

The weight classes are fine as they are. Kelvin, Johnny H etc. need a good nutritionist and some discipline and I think they'd be just fine making 170.

I think it's very silly that athletes at the top of the game, in the top ten, in the top org in the world at their sport can't manage to make weight once in the 2 - 4 months they have to prepare... but at the same time, it just goes to show how competitive it is that fighters do and risk so much to cut down to a lower weightclass.

There's a lot of inner workings that the casual, or ignorant fan isn't aware of... And it's extremely easy for a fat fuck that spends his life criticizing other people's lives to just brush that off as 'unprofessional' or 'needs discipline'.

If people would just try one day of (real) training, I think they'd be a lot less ignorant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back