*Fighters that are trapped between two weight classes*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Too heavy for one, too small for the next one.

¿Other than Gastelum?

I'll say RDA is too small for WW, but hard weight cut for LW.

Any others?

Too heavy for one, too small for the next one.

¿Other than Gastelum?

I'll say RDA is too small for WW, but hard weight cut for LW.

Any others?

RDA is a very fine example.

People don't realize what an enormous jump in weight 15lbs is in combat sports.

There is no such thing, there is only short guys that are eating the Burger and the fries.

Kelvin isn't too big for WW. He's not cutting any more weight than the average fighter there, he just racks a discipline.

There is no such thing, there is only short guys that are eating the Burger and the fries.
No u've got it wrong its eat the burger and NOT the fries. Johny Hendricks would be disappointed.

Hendo always kinda was, but one thing I always enjoyed about him is he never seemed to give a fuck about size.

No u've got it wrong its eat the burger and NOT the fries. Johny Hendricks would be disappointed.

I believe Johnny is eating at least half the fries in camp, and out of camp he must be eating 2 burgers

Oh bullshit. It's called lack of discipline.

Nobody is trapped between weight classes. 10lb differences at lower divisions and then 15lbs to 20lbs at higher weight classes are perfect.

and honestly LHW should raise it's weight limit to 210lbs. And FLW should lower it's by 5lbs.

If everyone fought at optimum lean body mass/muscle mass for their height and frame there would be no issues. Guys like Johnny Hendricks and Gastellum are the height and frame size of a LW or muscular WW. MW is a +6'0 up division of guys with longer arms and bone structure. He reason that Gastellum and Hendricks are now at MW is cause they missed weight so many times and we're forced to go up. Their issue is carrying too much body fat thereby making it much harder to make weight.

Why? Cause Gastellum and Hendricks are used to being 15lbs to 20lbs heavier than their walking weight. So 3 months out from a fight they need to drop 15lbs to 20lbs of fat and then cut 25lbs of water weight to just make the damn weight limit. That puts a toll on their body and makes them perform like shit. Hendricks said he used to regularly be 220lbs and then would need to lose 20lbs of fat get to 198lbs and then he'd make a roughly 25lb to 28lb water weight cut.

And people saying Hendo are just wrong. Hendo is a pretty decent sized MW who fought as a small LHW most of his career. Rich Franklin is a pretty big MW who didn't care to gain more muscle to fight at LHW and didn't like being smaller at LHW.

Last edited:
Barao ruined his body cutting to 135 and he can't hang at 145.

Cerrone would thrive at a 162 division

Bisping.

And Gastelum isn't too big for WW- he's just undisciplined enough to consistently miss weight.

I'd be ok with only '35 '45 '55 '65 '75 '85 '95 205
I don't care if 170 is "iconic"
I don't know what to do above 205. Heavyweight is shite.
I like the top few '25ers but a whole division? I mean I guess I'm ok with keeping it, but if it went away and the top guys went to '35 would be ok.
Plus with any future weight regulations we'd start to see the heavier guys in the division go up, and it could all even out.

Back