Fighters/techniques, you try to emulate in the gym

Ernesto hoost, thiago alves, and Jose aldo for flowing punch combos as lowkick set ups.

Canelo and mayweather is two boxers i like to get inspiration from. Floyd for defense and lead right. And canelo for awesome combos.

I also like the offensive stuff from kickboxers like jerome lebanner, tyrone spong, and saki.

For the more fancy stuff, i tend to look at guys with taekwondo or capoeira background that fight in a place where they need to worry about headstrikes. Kickbox, thai, or mma.

The Sanda and muay thai scene also have alot of unknown fighters that for amazing stuff.

On the mat I'm a huge Demian Maia fan, pretty much all around. I use a lot of Ben Askren stuff from the feet to the floor too. On the feet it's a big mix. Roberto Duran, GGG, Floyd Mayweather, Nieky Holzken, and Ernesto Hoost are all guys I emulate in various ways, though I'm still new enough to striking that I mostly just follow my coach's lead.

I try to emulate someone. Then my coach smacks me and I go back to fundamentals.

Dmitry Pirog has been a big inspiration for me for the past few years. I really love how well rounded and confusing his style was. The shifts, the slick defense whilst simultaneously being aggressive , his constant changing from defending with the shoulder to the orthodox high guard etc,etc. Guy was brilliant.

[

I study every fighter, but take most inspiration from Pretty Boy Floyd and Roy Jones Jr.

i only spar guys that are 5'7 and shorter and when i do spar i try to emulate gsp when he fought Kos (mma sparring)

lersilla, buakaw, tyson, saenchai, lomachenko, yodsanklai, hearns, shogun.

Back