Fighters Slurring Their Speech

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I just watched this interview with Ariel and boxing fighter, Amir Khan.

Amir Khan has been knocked out a few times in his career and his speech is seriously slurred in this interview:

He sounds like I do ... after 3 bottles of wine and 7 pints of beer.

Any other example of fighters slurring their speech?? I know Diego Sanchez, Chuck Liddell have bad speech slurring habits.

Amir Khan has been knocked out a few times in his career and his speech is seriously slurred in this interview:

Any other example of fighters slurring their speech?? I know Diego Sanchez, Chuck Liddell have bad speech slurring habits.

People always say Diego slurs his speech but maybe he's just a nervous public speaker who got hit in the head a few minutes before the post fight interciew.

From April of this year...does he sound like he's slurring here?

Diego sounds fine to me when he's not in a post fight interview. This is actual slurred speech from repetitive head trauma:

Amir isn't really slurring his speech here. I think that's just an extreme lisp.

Chuck in this interview is bad ... but I think he is drunk.

giphy.gif

Floyd Mayweather Sr. does sometimes, but that may also be due in part to the natural aging process.

But yeah, it's noticeable sometimes.

Chuck in this interview is bad ... but I think he is drunk.

According to Joe Rogan... Chuck Liddell took ecstacy sometimes the night before big fights in his prime! Ecstacy!

Imagine that. Nutty guy.
giphy.gif

Khan just has a bad lisp coupled with a shithouse accent. Fighters also aren't the most eloquent speakers.

James Toney is AWFUL though.

If any retired boxer (or football player or MMAthlete) get arrested, they can claim traumatic brain injury as a defense.

Not only did getting knocked in the head a billion times affect Toney's speech to the point that he sounds handicap, but it also damaged the pituitary gland in his brain, causing him to have dramatically lower testosterone levels.

Apparently, this is starting to be discovered in more, and more retired boxers.

This can lead to depression, and other physical side-effects.

So, not only do you have to worry about frontal lobe damage, but you risk destroying your hormonal levels, and causing other physical problems.

If you see Matt Hamill's interviews, he's slurring really bad these days.

fighters often slur their speech after being hit too many times; but doesn't he just have an accent?

and it breaks my heart to hear tommy like that.

Back