Fighters should weigh in as they enter the cage.

"sorry guys, your main event wont be happening, thanks for coming, bye"

The cage should be a scale.

This is how you eliminate weight cutting. Fighters aren't going to cut weight if they have to literally weigh in moments before the fight without getting to re-hydrate. They will fight in the weight class that is within their natural weight.

Yeah.... the UFC would never risk that. It used to be like that in Boxing, but they changed it because Boxers were cutting weight anyway and fighting dehydrated. Kim Duk Koo died because he tried cutting weight the same day of the fight. Something like that would kill the UFC.

There is a reason Boxing and MMA don't do same day weigh ins. They are dangerous

You obviously don't know jack about cutting weight.....

Do you? Boxing used to do this and they don't anymore because Boxers still cut weight. Kim Duk Koo fucking died because he cut weight on fight day

They wouldnt cut the 15-25lbs they would do with rehydration but they'd still cut the 3lbs-7lbs, Ive seen it done. 3lbs is a damn shit to some people, but then again you'd know more than me with your professional experience.
TS was saying the below :
literally weigh in moments before the fight without getting to re-hydrate.
Because you obviously have not had to suck weight before, and not be able to re-hydrate. Then go fight a guy for up to 25 mins. You talk like it's no big deal.
That could kill you.

I have had to suck weight before to compete before (not professionally), a couple of times. How about you?

I would consider anything if it put an end to threads about cutting weight, but it won't, so no.

TS was saying the below :

Because you obviously have not had to suck weight before, and not be able to re-hydrate. Then go fight a guy for up to 25 mins. You talk like it's no big deal.
That could kill you.

I have had to suck weight before to compete before (not professionally), a couple of times.
How about you?

You've cut weight before and dont know how easy it is to cut 3lbs-7lbs? Ive cut from 175lbs to 155lbs, I know how hard it is to cut 20lbs and I know how easy it is to cut 3lbs and still gain an advantage. It prepares you mentally to fight when you weight cut, youve got a goal to acomplish and it puts you in the right state of mind. I wonder if you actually competed or talking out your ass. With a name like Kobra42o, you do seem like an a bullshitter.

This is how you eliminate weight cutting. Fighters aren't going to cut weight if they have to literally weigh in moments before the fight without getting to re-hydrate. They will fight in the weight class that is within their natural weight.
you know what?
I thought i could think of a reason not to agree but... to be honest it's about the only way.
You can either ignor weight cutting and let them do it as they always have or do as this guy says...other ideas will just bring people to cheating

Do you? Boxing used to do this and they don't anymore because Boxers still cut weight. Kim Duk Koo fucking died because he cut weight on fight day
You act like the UFC would allow a guy to risk dying in the cage, because he sucked 30lbs to win a belt.
It is all fine and dandy, until you add the no re-hydration thing in there. Like the original post was explaining
"literally weigh in moments before the fight without getting to re-hydrate."

That would be like Conor here:
siver4.jpg

Fighting like that permanently, with no re-hydration.

The TS is right, it would force fighters and The UFC to keep fighters fighting their natural weight. I think it would be a great idea.

Please don't tell me you think the UFC would allow a guy to fight like that?

Last edited:
I wish I could "Like." You are 100% correct.

It is the best way of stopping weight cuts, if we are serious about it. On top of that, if you miss weight, your entire purse goes to your opponent (because you wasted his time), plus another fine to reimburse the promotion and the commission for some of the money they spent organizing your fight.

You've cut weight before and dont know how easy it is to cut 3lbs-7lbs? Ive cut from 175lbs to 155lbs, I know how hard it is to cut 20lbs and I know how easy it is to cut 3lbs and still gain an advantage. It prepares you mentally to fight when you weight cut, youve got a goal to acomplish and it puts you in the right state of mind. I wonder if you actually competed or talking out your ass. With a name like Kobra42o, you do seem like an a bullshitter.
The TS said no re-hydration....
Sure, I never wrestled a day in my life...Never made that exact weight cut, but still cut weight.
Now would/could you still do all that and compete at the highest level, for up to 25 mins without a drop of water?
Not to mention risk pulling a Hendricks, and getting the boot because he can't make weight?
Do you think the UFC would allow guys to even do it?
The TS said no re-hydration....You guys are nuts if you think it would/could go down without re-hydrating.

Big deal I smoke weed, you act like there are no potheads in sports....

You act like the UFC would allow a guy to risk dying in the cage, because he sucked 30lbs to win a belt.
It is all fine and dandy, until you add the no re-hydration thing in there. Like the original post was explaining
"literally weigh in moments before the fight without getting to re-hydrate."

That would be like Conor here:
siver4.jpg

Fighting like that permanently, with no re-hydration.

The TS is right, it would force fighters and The UFC to keep fighters fighting their natural weight. I think it would be a great idea.

Please don't tell me you think the UFC would allow a guy to fight like that?

When the fuck did i say they would cut 30 LBs? They, like Boxers did, would cut much less. But that is still REALLY dangerous. Kim Duk Koo wasn't cutting 30LBs and it didn't stop him from dying

Keep current system but weigh fighters just before entering the cage, the court of public opinion will force the heaviest to move up with exceptions for the most popular fighters. I think more monitoring and multiple weigh ins and paying people to check rehydration levels will result in more expensive events for the fans. Also, I think its important for the UFC to not micro manage things beyond necessity.

They're still gonna cut weight, even minutes before weigh in.
The UFC should employ One FC's weight cutting regulations imo. The UFC/USADA would also be happy with this I think.

General Regulations & Policies Related To Athletes’ Weight
  1. Athletes must submit their current walking weight and daily training weight regularly. Athletes will input and track their daily weight online via a dedicated web portal.
  2. Athletes will be assigned to their weight class based on collated data and random weight checks. Athletes are not allowed to drop a weight class less than eight weeks out from an event.
  3. During fight week, weights are checked daily. Urine specific gravity will also be checked the day after arrival and three hours prior to the event. Athletes must be within their weight class and pass specific gravity hydration tests all week and up to three hours before the event. If an athlete falls outside the weight, or fails a test, they are disqualified from the event. Doctors may request additional testing at their discretion.
  4. Catchweight bouts are allowed. However, the athlete with the higher weight will not be heavier than 105% of the lighter opponent’s weight.
  5. ONE will conduct random weight checks on athletes at its discretion.
  6. Athletes may petition to change weight classes outside of the eight-week competition zone and must be within their new desired weight at that time. In addition, athletes must pass a specific gravity urine test when their weight is within the limits of the newly petitioned weight class. ONE doctors can request additional testing to determine the amount of weight drop allowed over a specific time.
  7. The usage of IVs for the purpose of rehydration will not be allowed.
Source: https://onefc.com/martial_arts/

All this does is bans changing weight-classes within an 8 week span. Everything else is pure JARGON.

They wouldnt cut the 15-25lbs they would do with rehydration but they'd still cut the 3lbs-7lbs, Ive seen it done. 3lbs is a damn shit to some people, but then again you'd know more than me with your professional experience.

Yep rowing lightweights (funnily enough also 155) weigh in before their race, with many walking around 160. Many will cut the last few kilos/pounds despite the lack of rehydration time.

When the fuck did i say they would cut 30 LBs? They, like Boxers did, would cut much less. But that is still REALLY dangerous. Kim Duk Koo wasn't cutting 30LBs and it didn't stop him from dying
No, I was using 30lbs for an example, hence the Conor pic. Conor sucked 30 lbs to make 45, that would be like Conor sucking the weight, and getting no re-hydration, then fighting. It would never happen. The UFC would not allow it. Even if they did allow it, Conor (fighter) knows he would be waay to weak to fight. Remember this :

You guys are saying guys in Conor's shape there would still be able to fight, correct?

Find out how much they actually weigh pre fight and make sure it’s similar/equal.

Just have them weigh themselves every morning (have some offical bring a scale to their house/hotel etc) the week leading up to the fight. If they are over 105 percent of the weight class limit when all 5 morning weigh ins are averaged (or 110 percent at any of the morning weigh ins) they are too large for the class.

I say do normal weigh ins and then weigh them again as they are getting Vaseline put on them before they step in the cage.

Back