Fighters making 12K show money stay in hotels for fight week? I would sleep in my car or in a park.

randysyatt

Zan Panzer
@Orange
Reaction score
Its fight week and you are making 12k show money.

20% to the camp, 10% management $500 medicals and god knows how much in travel costs for you AND YOUR CORNER. Food costs for the week as well and hotel costs at $100 a night.

Wonderboy was making 24k to show, not a hell of a lot, did he stay at a hotel all week ?

I am wondering if these fighters are sleeping in their cars or the YMCA to help not take a loss on a fight.

I'm sure sleeping in a park would keep you in optimal fight condition.

Your car actually adds +25% power and cardio.

you know the ufc pays for the hotel, right

As cheap as the UFC is, I'm sure the fighters hotel is covered...

Doesn't the UFC pay for the fighter and 1 corner guy's plane ticket and hotel?

LOL hotel is covered TS.

Imagine a US fighter having to fight in Australia and having to pay for airfare and accommodation.

It would cost the fighter thousands just to show up and fight for free.

You shouldn't talk about things you don't know how to work.

lmfao @ TS thinking fighters payed for their hotel rooms

I'm sure sleeping in a park would keep you in optimal fight condition.

Your car actually adds +25% power and cardio.

Especially if they don't train.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/w...ke-12k-12k-in-the-ufc.3170897/#post-113415997

If I was making that Bum Fight Money the only training camp I would have is a Heavy bag and P90x.

I would not have a manager either.

I would put little to no effort in the fight either.

I would throw a haymaker and if I miss take a dive and collect my 12k to show and my $2500 in Reebok money.

I would like to know what the point is of putting in all this effort (Camp, management and putting on a three round war) for no money?

TS is a wizard.

You shouldn't talk about things you don't know how to work.

TS may have been a little snide, but it is a great question. Like chitoortiz posted above. What about out of country competition.

In Chaels book, there was a section that he went into about this topic causing him serious challenge(s), on multiple occasions!

It isn't like ~ 1 decade age is uber ancient history. At one time, only one corner man was paid for by the UFC. Chael footed the bill for the two others!

I don't recall seeing only one corner man working for preliminary card Brazilians fighting in the USA. Do you know if the UFC has adapted/ modified these rules.

I can't remember the exact figures, (and Chael was paid handsomely) but iirc he said a couple of his corner men (even one that was "suppose to be covered by the UFC" ran up like a $5,000 food/ bar tab on his dime. I LMAO'd about this with Chael, we know it didn't dent that fat wallet.

I can't say the same with a P.C. fighter out of country!

This thread was derailed quicker than usual.

This thread was derailed quicker than usual.

wrestling-gif-2.gif

Its fight week and you are making 12k show money.

20% to the camp, 10% management $500 medicals and god knows how much in travel costs for you AND YOUR CORNER. Food costs for the week as well and hotel costs at $100 a night.

Wonderboy was making 24k to show, not a hell of a lot, did he stay at a hotel all week ?

I am wondering if these fighters are sleeping in their cars or the YMCA to help not take a loss on a fight.

Even if you were getting that money - I can absolutely guarantee you that you would not choose to sleep in a car for a week prior to fighting live in front of millions of people.
Don't be lying to yourself.

Does the UFC cover the +1 if he goes berserk with the mini bar?

TS is maybe exaggerating a bit, but he still has a point. If you remove 25-35% of the purse for camp/manager/medical, and everyone coming along needs to eat in restaurants and maybe stay at a hotel some days extra because of hospitalvisits/adjusting jetlag or whatever, it is really not much left..

I dont know what minimum wage is in the US, but fighting 3 times a year and receiving 15-20K every time, and paying 1/3 of it to cover manager/camp/help with weightcut etc is a pretty shitty pay for such a short career.

Back