Fighters from Dagestan seem to do really well in the UFC, on average...

Dagestan produces combat athletes period.

Boys are full force fighting at the age of 10,they have martial arts backgrounds nearly from the time they can walk.

The winning percentage is because they are great fighters and tough to beat.

If our president wasn't a redneck cocksuckers making it uber hard to get visas there would be a ton more russian,Dagestan etc fighters ranked and or champions.

1. Immigrant mentality
2. Dagestan upbringing
3. Quality Russian doctors

Maybe they think they do it for Russian fans. If you wanna watch FP prelims you can just watch them around 1-2 hours in the morning. And if you wanna watch main card - in Russia you need to stay (at average) until 4-5 in the morning. I think at LW guys like Prazeres, Leonardo Santos has like an indentical winstreaks (and I can't remember last time they fought a ranked guy), Trinaldo had a longer winstreak (if I'm not wrong) when they gave him a ranked guy.
About Mairbek - not so long ago there were news that he was kicked from an Austrian org that prevent Muslim kids from joining terrorists (because on his Instagram he posts photos with Kadyrov and seems like people from that org doesn't think that Kadyrov is much better than terrorists). So it's kinda hard to promote him. If you look at Lobov - worked as a Russian commentator for UFC, friend of McGregor, known in Russia, I think he commentated some fights for EFN/FNG and they (TV crew) talked to him/made an interview with him between fights at EFN/FNG events + I think he was on mma related TV show or made predictions before some mma events.

Russians have 3 or 4 major local orgs to choose from. And its not just Russian, all sorts of fighters are mismanaged by not putting them on better slots on the card.

I can remember Azamat Gashimov, Gasan Umalatov (but I think he was born and raised outside of Dagestan), Ali Bagautinov (fight out his contract and UFC didn't offer him a new one).
Also from your list you are missing Safarov.

Gashimuv was super inexperienced and inactive. Not sure why they even signed him. Maybe he was living in the US (Jersey) and they thought he would be an easy sign.

Umalatov was 30 years old when they signed him. I've been pondering how most of the fighters from Russia are in their late-20s and 30s when the UFC signs them. They should be signing them in their early-to-mid 20s when they are entering their prime! Khabib was 24 when they signed him, and he's performed well. There's a dozen other prime prospects out there in that age range that the UFC should be signing, but they're growing old by the year.

They do well, but other than Khabib, no one got close to the top. Their careers tend to stall.

Losers get released from all nationalities yet Dagestan still has the highest win %. Most come in the UFC and whoop ass and very few get released after going 0-2 or something.

Gashimuv was super inexperienced and inactive. Not sure why they even signed him. Maybe he was living in the US (Jersey) and they thought he would be an easy sign.

Umalatov was 30 years old when they signed him. I've been pondering how most of the fighters from Russia are in their late-20s and 30s when the UFC signs them. They should be signing them in their early-to-mid 20s when they are entering their prime! Khabib was 24 when they signed him, and he's performed well. There's a dozen other prime prospects out there in that age range that the UFC should be signing, but they're growing old by the year.
For example I remember years ago I've seen guy from EFN said that UFC wanted to sign Piraev but Piraev refused to sign contract because he thought he was not expirienced enough for UFC. I think same stuff said guys like Goltsov, Shtyrkov. From what I understand mostly Russian fighters sees UFC like a final stage in their career - like, get signed, fight, get a UFC title and retire. So that's why young prospects doesn't want to sign with UFC.

For example I remember years ago I've seen guy from EFN said that UFC wanted to sign Piraev but Piraev refused to sign contract because he thought he was not expirienced enough for UFC. I think same stuff said guys like Goltsov, Shtyrkov. From what I understand mostly Russian fighters sees UFC like a final stage in their career - like, get signed, fight, get a UFC title and retire. So that's why young prospects doesn't want to sign with UFC.

I can see some fighters being smart and holding off to sign until they turn 24 or 25, but not when they're 28 or 31. That's too late, and you're never going to be a prospect at that stage.

Speaking of Piraev, why haven't they signed him now? Surely he's gained experience by now.

I can see some fighters being smart and holding off to sign until they turn 24 or 25, but not when they're 28 or 31. That's too late, and you're never going to be a prospect at that stage.

Speaking of Piraev, why haven't they signed him now? Surely he's gained experience by now.
I think he was in army not so long ago. Did he look good in his last fights? I remember when he fought (and won) fight against Brazilian guy and after the fight a lot of people said that it was a total robbery and judges in EFN are corrupt. After that I think he lost a fight in Poland and from what I remember when he fought he looked like an average fighter in his fights. Not UFC level, like you can sign random Russian guy with 18-17 record from his weight and they will have a equal chances to win a UFC gold.

You also have to take into account USADA testing.

Russian doping is quality, but even they’d have to take measures to make sure their fighters test clean.

How many of these wins are again top-5 opponents though?

In Brave Combat Federation, all the ex-UFC fighters come and get owned by Dagestani fighters. Worst was Leonardo Mafra gave a verbal submission during an exchange with Gadzhimusa Gaziev. Also the Dagestani fight team is winning medals in IMMAF world championships. Check the fights of Eldar Eldarov.

I made a list of all of the fighters in the UFC, that I could think of, from that region and decided to compile the UFC records of these fighters. Please let me know if I am missing anyone (I know that I am).

Shamil Abdurakhimov (3-2)
Ruslan Magomedov (3-0)
Gadzhimurad Antigulov (2-0)
Omari Akhmedov (5-3)
Ramazan Emeev (1-0)
Sultan Aliev (1-1)
Muslim Salikhov (0-1)
Rustam Khabilov (8-2)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (8-0)
Islam Makhachev (3-1)
Magomed Mustafaev (2-1)
Zabit Magomedsharipov (2-0)

For a win percentage of 77.6%. It's definitely weighted problematically with Khabilov and Khabib, but if you remove them that still leaves a winning percentage of about 71%. I know that this is a totally meaningless thread but it'll be interested to see how a lot of these guys end up doing long-term.

U forgot zubair tukhugov

Crazy thing is a lot of the best Dagestani/Chechen fighters are fighting in different organizations. They're going to be taking over the UFC soon.

Back