Fighters from Dagestan seem to do really well in the UFC, on average...

Hamm and Clov

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I made a list of all of the fighters in the UFC, that I could think of, from that region and decided to compile the UFC records of these fighters. Please let me know if I am missing anyone (I know that I am).

Shamil Abdurakhimov (3-2)
Ruslan Magomedov (3-0)
Gadzhimurad Antigulov (2-0)
Omari Akhmedov (5-3)
Ramazan Emeev (1-0)
Sultan Aliev (1-1)
Muslim Salikhov (0-1)
Rustam Khabilov (8-2)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (8-0)
Islam Makhachev (3-1)
Magomed Mustafaev (2-1)
Zabit Magomedsharipov (2-0)

For a win percentage of 77.6%. It's definitely weighted problematically with Khabilov and Khabib, but if you remove them that still leaves a winning percentage of about 71%. I know that this is a totally meaningless thread but it'll be interested to see how a lot of these guys end up doing long-term.

I made a list of all of the fighters in the UFC, that I could think of, from that region and decided to compile the UFC records of these fighters. Please let me know if I am missing anyone (I know that I am).

Shamil Abdurakhimov (3-2)
Ruslan Magomedov (3-0)
Gadzhimurad Antigulov (2-0)
Omari Akhmedov (5-3)
Ramazan Emeev (1-0)
Sultan Aliev (1-1)
Muslim Salikhov (0-1)
Rustam Khabilov (8-2)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (8-0)
Islam Makhachev (3-1)
Magomed Mustafaev (2-1)
Zabit Magomedsharipov (2-0)

For a win percentage of 77.6%. It's definitely weighted problematically with Khabilov and Khabib, but if you remove them that still leaves a winning percentage of about 71%. I know that this is a totally meaningless thread but it'll be interested to see how a lot of these guys end up doing long-term.

Most fighters have a winning percentage otherwise they get cut.

You get a crap record, they get rid of you.

Keep the cream.

It’s not 50/50.

Yeah, that's totally fair. Can you think of a fighter from Dagestan who has been cut from the UFC due to a losing record/poor performance?

Dagestan is a pretty rough place. Most of these guys are ethnically Avars, which I believe is a tough culture.

Do your math on the ten top dudes at LW and tell me what the UFC win percentage is.

Dagestan is a pretty rough place. Most of these guys are ethnically Avars, which I believe is a tough culture.

Statistical bias. The dudes in the UFC are winners. Losers fuck off. This isn’t the women’s division. UFC streak and win records are built on beating up dudes who get quickly cut. You don’t have five 8:2 dudes and five 2:8 dudes in a division or nation.

I wonder how many of those fighters TS listed are Muslim?

They all look like some type of missing link between caveman and modern day homo sapiens that we call humans

You can manipulate winning percentages by skimming the cream and not taking on average or modest talent from a region (i.e-taking only the studs), and matchups and whatnot, but still...cool to know.

Monster wrestling and determination will take you a long way in MMA.

Yeah, that's totally fair. Can you think of a fighter from Dagestan who has been cut from the UFC due to a losing record/poor performance?

Since Dagestan is not a country and there isn’t an obvious way to find fighter records based on a Russian province without being obsessed with them, nope.

Statistical bias. The dudes in the UFC are winners. Losers fuck off. This isn’t the women’s division. UFC streak and win records are built on beating up dudes who get quickly cut. You don’t have five 8:2 dudes and five 2:8 dudes in a division or nation.
Yeah but why are there so many fighters from Dagestan? Its not a big country. Its not even actually a country.

You get a crap record, they get rid of you.

Keep the cream.

Is that right?
I agree about keeping that cream though.

img_2422.jpg

You take a closed sports league and at the end of the year there will be 150 wins, 150 losses and 10 draws between the teams.

In MMA you take a snapshot of all the fighters at any time and the average will be a winning record because the losers got fired.

Everybody in the top 50 in LW has a winning record and probably around 70%.

Isn't the place basically the national equivalent of a D1 NCAA team? Makes sense they'd do well.

Back