fighters being stood up/separated for “inactivity” a

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
it’s suppose to be mma n closest thing to a real fight

Grappling n clinching are parts of mma n are legal techiniques n within the rules

So why separate fighters when in those position for “inactivity”?

If issue is “it’s not fan friendly”

Then perhaps there should be some type of timer everytime the fight goes on the ground/against the cage n fight is rest after timer runs out

Just bleed losers don't like grappling

Next time you attend a UFC event try explaining all this to the drunk hicks booing the grappling exchanges.

Oldschool Dutch mma had a 30 second ground timer.

But that was as at a time basically no one here had any idea what all those Russians, Americans and Brazillians were doing on the ground... at all.

Thing is.. we had LOOOOOOOONG fights in the 90's when there were no rounds yet. Gracie had a one hour battle iirc, that shit was boring as fuck.

Next time you attend a UFC event try explaining all this to the drunk hicks booing the grappling exchanges.

K, but what if you add some type of timer that gives a fighter 1 minute on the ground n let’s say extra 30 seconds very time he improves his position?

Oldschool Dutch mma had a 30 second ground timer.

But that was as at a time basically no one here had any idea what all those Russians, Americans and Brazillians were doing on the ground... at all.

Thing is.. we had LOOOOOOOONG fights in the 90's when there were no rounds yet. Gracie had a one hour battle iirc, that shit was boring as fuck.

Yeah, but now rounds are 5 minutes, or maybe they could be even shorter

Like 5 3 minute rounds

N championship 8 or 9 3 minute rounds

Or give a fighter a 1 or 1 30 on the ground/against the cage + add some extra time if he improves his position

Stand ups happen for inactivity in judo and bjj competition as well.

Yeah, but now rounds are 5 minutes, or maybe they could be even shorter

Like 5 3 minute rounds

N championship 8 or 9 3 minute rounds

Or give a fighter a 1 or 1 30 on the ground/against the cage + add some extra time if he improves his position

I don't like the idea of a timer tbh.. i like how it is now: referee sees the fight is going nowhere, he stands them up. Has some flaws, but keeps the fights going in general.

Haven't seen a lot bad decisions in that regard.

Because this is a spectator sport. UFC should implement the yellow card system.

put on exciting fights or gtfo

Grappling n clinching are parts of mma n are legal techiniques n within the rules

Then perhaps there should be some type of timer everytime the fight goes on the ground/against the cage n fight is rest after timer runs out
While I agree with you, MMA needs viewers.
They can't allow someone hugging his opponent for a full round.

But I hate standing up fighters when they are on the ground. Most of the time, the one in the bottom is losing while his opponent inches in a submission.
IMO on the ground or standing, it is the same thing. A fighter should not be gifted a stand up from the ground.

A fighter should not be gifted a stand up from the ground.
So in your eyes if a round ends with one fighter in a dominant position should the next round be re-started in that position? Genuinely curious/asking.

Because "real fights" don't have a timer and a few rounds before it goes to somebody's decision of who won. Or you could just watch wrestling tourneys instead of mma...

Someone correct me if I am wrong but its in the unified mma rules to do this. Stalling and stalemates should absolutely be addressed by the ref because that is what is happening if no transitions/relevant activity is occurring. You aren't allow to rest in other sports, why MMA?

Yeah, in theory stand ups annoy me. We don't put fighters on the ground if they're inactive on the feet.

That said, when it's actually happening in a fight, I'm usually glad for the standups lol.

It's to prevent stalling, which is not fighting.

Get your head out of your ass.

Sure it's the closest thing to reality, but it is a far cry from reality.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but its in the unified mma rules to do this. Stalling and stalemates should absolutely be addressed by the ref because that is what is happening if no transitions/relevant activity is occurring. You aren't allow to rest in other sports, why MMA?
sure you are lol. In between every play in american football. When the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch as a striker/defender in soccer (granted those midfielders don't get much time to rest). NBA has FTs, timeouts, etc. Baseball is one long rest.

Because UFC/MMA sold to an audience is ENTERTAINMENT.

It's not entertaining to see one guy laying on another, with no fight progression.

sure you are lol. In between every play in american football. When the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch as a striker/defender in soccer (granted those midfielders don't get much time to rest). NBA has FTs, timeouts, etc. Baseball is one long rest.
Or in MMA, between rounds. Of course.

I am referring to mid action, not rule designated break periods.

Or in MMA, between rounds. Of course.

I am referring to mid action, not rule designated break periods.
I'm with you. I say bring back the yellow card system. I prefer the fighters that would just as soon put on a good fight as to win a boring decision. Not enough of that mentality these days. Too many guys would rather get boo'd by the crowd for a boring decision win

Back