Fighter X has a glass jaw, his jaw is dust, brittle cookie crums.

WeirdFacts

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've noticed 90% of the "glass jaws" are always heavyweights. Has anyone ever considered that maybe they don't have glass jaws but the opponents just punch way harder than in the lower weight classes?

Overeem, Arlovski, Brock, etc. they are all heavyweights and constantly criticized on how they have a glass jaw or can't take a punch.

A jab or a half-power feint of a heavyweight can be a lot more devastating than even a hard punch from a lower weigth class fighter. Their hands, arms and the body behind it are just so much more massive, whereas the recipients' heads are quite similarly sized. I do agree the neck muscles that protect the "chin" are also bigger on HWs but there's more that that in the equation.

Pure knockouts are very seldom in the Flyweight division, they all sure have legendary jaws!

You must be..."special".

To be succinct: Big guys have more mass behind their strikes.

/thread

You must be..."special".

To be succinct: Big guys have more mass behind their strikes.

/thread

What's your point? You call me "special" but you agree with my opinion? smh. When discussing heavyweight bouts people always bring up how one of the fighters hits really hard or that the other fighter has a glass jaw. Those two things go hand in hand, everyone has a glass jaw is you put Ngannou against them for example.

I've noticed 90% of the "glass jaws" are always heavyweights. Has anyone ever considered that maybe they don't have glass jaws but the opponents just punch way harder than in the lower weight classes?

Overeem, Arlovski, Brock, etc. they are all heavyweights and constantly criticized on how they have a glass jaw or can't take a punch.

A jab or a half-power feint of a heavyweight can be a lot more devastating than even a hard punch from a lower weigth class fighter. Their hands, arms and the body behind it are just so much more massive, whereas the recipients' heads are quite similarly sized. I do agree the neck muscles that protect the "chin" are also bigger on HWs but there's more that that in the equation.

Pure knockouts are very seldom in the Flyweight division, they all sure have legendary jaws!
I've thought the same thing... maybe it's not that their chin is good or bad, it's that a big shot from a 250 lb professional fighter would knock out essentially anyone.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed Brock has a glass jaw. Has he ever even been KO'd? He just doesn't like getting punched.

Back