Fighter stats changing

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why do the height measurements of fighters change over time or are clearly inaccurate when for example facing a fighter who should be taller/smaller? It’s not difficult for a big organisation to accurately measure fighters is it?

Some of them stop cutting height.
Some of them start cutting height.

Why do the height measurements of fighters change over time or are clearly inaccurate when for example facing a fighter who should be taller/smaller? It’s not difficult for a big organisation to accurately measure fighters is it?

Apparently it is.

Aside from Carwin, I have seen both Diaz bros, as well as Cerrone go from 6'1" down to 6' even. Reaches on fighters also tend to change.

bgopW_s-200x150.gif

AFAIK they don't measure fighters at all.

It's an old wrestling trick.....back in amateur wrestling days we did it all...weight cutting, height cutting....I even did some dick cutting (but I'm a sherdogger so I had enough to spare)

Eventually though it catches up with your body

No sport really has official heights. There's always an inch or 2 added to the short basketball and hockey players on the stat sheets

Some of them stand on their tippy toes while the UFC is measuring them. Mighty Mouse is really 4'10.

Back