Fighter of Interest: Petr Yan

Eddieg

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
FULL ARTICLE WITH TONS OF GIFS
If you haven't already, it's time to get excited for the UFC debut of Petr Yan, a 25-year-old Russian bantamweight with a versatile skillset and penchant for action fights.

This article illustrates Yan's skillset by detailing the significant moments from almost all of his professional fights, including his "Fight of the Year" candidate against Magomed Magomedov.

Feedback is always appreciated. Otherwise, enjoy!

giphy.gif

He should walk through Ishihara, but I'm secretly hoping Ishihara starches him.

25 years old, former ACB champion, 8-1, only loss via split decision which he then redeemed. Bantamweight is fucking stacked with prospects right now.

Petr is a fucking stud. My favorite prospect signing since Zabit coincidentally.

ACB has a more talented roster than Bellator top to bottom.

Petr is a fucking stud. My favorite prospect signing since Zabit coincidentally.

Berkhamov v Lima would be one to see.

If only the UFC just treats them right. They got Zabit, Antigulov and Yan now. They keep putting Antigulov on the FP prelims despite him finishing his last 13 fights in the first round, including his 2 UFC bouts. They even put Zabit on the FP prelims on the Khabib-Holloway card until Conor's meltdown caused several of the maincard fights to be scrapped pushing the Zabit fight up.

The UFC needs to recognize ACB champs are not newcomers. These are cream of the crop guys, who after their debut fights should be bumped up to the FS1 prelims and should get the opportunity to face Top 20 level guys and enter the rankings. They keep putting Russians fighters on Fight Pass which is a total graveyard.

Back