Fighter claims to cut 50 lbs in debut against Nail Magny

50 lb cut including weight lost in the two weeks is completely unbelievable. Even losing a lb of fat a day would but him at 36 lbs of water needed to cut, which sounds impossible for a welterweight.

The word that comes to mind is exaggeration

I blame the UFC for this. Yes, MMA fighters are grown adults who can make their own decisions, but they are often too tough for their own good.

Someone should have checked on this guy's weight to make sure he was close and it wouldn't be crazy dangerous cut.

Can you imagine if he died cutting weight? The first question the general public would have is "well why did the UFC ask him to cut so much weight?"

Is he in Tills camp?

Masvidal looking pretty soft these days too.

Ice cream for breakfast must be taking its toll

There’s literally a video of him back in the days eating Oreos for breakfast and McDoubles for lunch

He should have won since weight cutting give you the advantage.

Similar, but Smith's knee looked better.

TinyThunderousAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

TheseZigzagAffenpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Also, he did great against Lombard

giphy.gif
Smith looks huge for 185

Smith looks huge for 185

The Lombard fight was at 185 tho right? I didn’t realise the shard fight was at LHW tho. I’m not surprised he had to move up

Yeah, he said in the post interview that movied up to LHW was the best decision he made. He missed weight only once, in 2011, in Strikeforce. The man is 6 ft 4 in and fought at MW and he looks taller and bigger than Rockhold. I guess he got tired of the weight cut.

He's a huge WW.

Back