You seem conflicted

lol

That was my point man. Like five people ahead of me were talking about how Fight Pass is a rip off when juxtaposed with the WWE online system. I was saying it's an unfair comparison because they're different; one being an entertainment soap opera thing and the other being a niche combat sport. Just because there's a small cross-over demographic doesn't mean I'm somehow now intrigued to go watch WWE.

dumbass

I'm not really impressed with it considering they are essentially charging you for cards that were previously free. I mean was this card really worth paying for? IMO, hell no.

I'm not really impressed with it considering they are essentially charging you for cards that were previously free. I mean was this card really worth paying for? IMO, hell no.

These are extra cards though

No, but posting something from 8-years ago has no relevance now. Especially when they were working with an entirely different company.

Are you pretending to be ignorant here? Why would 8 years make any difference?

The point is, the UFC have employed viral marketing / shills strategy before, and they are using it again.

Why would working with FOX instead of Spike change any of this?

If anything, FOX is a MUCH, MUCH bigger company than Spike is, which means not only they're more likely than Spike at using viral marketing / shills strategy, but it also means they have bigger viral marketing firms working for them.

Yes, after coming to him with the idea. Meaning they came up with it. Notice the section that says "I talked to Dana about this and he's all for it." They just got permission from him and suggestions.

Of course. That's what they're paid to do. They come up with the fine details, but Dana/the UFC are their clients. They paid these viral marketing companies to do their dirty work, posting fake messages on social medial websites and internet forums.

Yes they do. And this email and ideas were generated mainly from Spike TV. And since Bellator is now owned by Viacom and airs on Spike TV I'd argue they have a much higher chance of having paid posters than the UFC.

Higher chance? You're speaking as if one might not use shills. LOL! Big companies use viral marketing shills. The only difference is which one spent more resources on this area.

Now that the UFC is with FOX, and FOX is many times bigger than Spike, it's reasonable to believe that the UFC/FOX are spending more resources on viral marketing shills than Spike.

That said if you really think I'm a paid poster then you're just stupid.

Wait, are you the TS?

If you actually read the email the goal was to spam a video, not post about how good the UFC is. They just wanted to spread a viral video. That's usually what viral marketing does.

If you truly believe spamming a video is all there is to viral marketing... LOL! You're either truly ignorant (which I highly doubt), or you're just pretending to be...

It's not having people go on Sherdog and argue about if Fight Pass is worth it. That's just idiotic.

Idiotic?

There are about 10-20,000 visitors on Sherdog a day. (possibly more, since there are about more than 5 million visits to Sherdog per month: http://www.trafficestimate.com/sherdog.com)

If they can convince 50,000 of these visitors to subscribe to Fight Pass, at $10/month per person, the UFC would make $500,000/ month from Sherdog alone.

If they can convince 500,000 visitors to subscribe, the UFC would make $5 million / month from Sherdog alone.

How much would it cost the UFC to have a viral marketing company and their shills spam positive reviews about Fight Pass on Sherdog?

It's definitely a lot less than how much they can potentially make...

Last edited:
And ppl still doubt that there aren't paid posters or zuffa employees. .

Are you pretending to be ignorant here? Why would 8 years make any difference?

The point is, the UFC have employed viral marketing / shills strategy before, and they are using it again.

Why would working with FOX instead of Spike change any of this?

If anything, FOX is a MUCH, MUCH bigger company than Spike is, which means not only they're more likely than Spike at using viral marketing / shills strategy, but it also means they have bigger viral marketing firms working for them.

Of course. That's what they're paid to do. They come up with the fine details, but Dana/the UFC are their clients. They paid these viral marketing companies to do their dirty work, posting fake messages on social medial websites and internet forums.

Higher chance? You're speaking as if one might not use shills. LOL! Big companies use viral marketing shills. The only difference is which one spent more resources on this area.

Now that the UFC is with FOX, and FOX is many times bigger than Spike, it's reasonable to believe that the UFC/FOX are spending more resources on viral marketing shills than Spike.

Wait, are you the TS?

If you truly believe spamming a video is all there is to viral marketing... LOL! You're either truly ignorant (which I highly doubt), or you're just pretending to be...

Idiotic?

There are about 10-20,000 visitors on Sherdog a day. (possibly more, since there are about more than 5 million visits to Sherdog per month: http://www.trafficestimate.com/sherdog.com)

If they can convince 50,000 of these visitors to subscribe to Fight Pass, at $10/month per person, the UFC would make $500,000/ month from Sherdog alone.

If they can convince 500,000 visitors to subscribe, the UFC would make $5 million / month from Sherdog alone.

How much would it cost the UFC to have a viral marketing company and their shills spam positive reviews about Fight Pass on Sherdog?

It's definitely a lot less than how much they can potentially make...

Now I think you're a paid poster. You talk way too much about it.

Kinda like those Republicans who are super anti-gay and end up being gay.

How do I know you don't work for Bjorn?

trust-no-one.jpg

I can't even read through this thread.
I feel like I walked in on a UFC shill orgy.

I swear this must be a microcosm of how all guy gangbangs start...

Now I think you're a paid poster. You talk way too much about it.

Kinda like those Republicans who are super anti-gay and end up being gay.

People don't want viral marketing on Sherdog, and to pretend like it doesn't happen, and that it isn't happening in this thread is silly, unless you have an agenda, which it appears you do.

Oh you like free cards? Well let me put them all online for you for $10 a month.. I know it's not free anymore, it's way better.

Are all of these cards really something you would have gotten free? Does anyone have numbers if all the free cards we've gotten over the years? Is there a count of how many free cards they've put on since 2005?

Are we really getting less free cards in 2014 than we did in 2012?

People don't want viral marketing on Sherdog, and to pretend like it doesn't happen, and that it isn't happening in this thread is silly, unless you have an agenda, which it appears you do.

The ones who pretend viral marketing doesn't exist are either:

a) little kids who have no idea what's going on

or

b) shills

The guy you were replying to doesn't appear to be a kid. He seems smarter than that. Therefore, he's most likely a Zuffa employee or a shill working for one of the viral marketing firms employed by Zuffa. :icon_chee

This shit gets old man. I have been here since '06 and seen enough of you shills posting bullshit, lol!

Back