Fight Nights Global 87

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who is going to watch?

609105a020106eb3703c69933be269a1.png

This fight is really good imo, there are quite a few ex-UFC fighters.
David Khachatryan vs Peter Queally
Nikita Krylov vs Fabio Maldonado
Adriano Martins vs Alexandr Shabliy
Danill Voevodin vs Nikolay Gaponov
Mike Graves vs Murat Khasanov
Elias Silverio vs Saygid Izagakhmaev
Alexander Yanyshev vs Vladimir Egoyan
*Chermen Kobesov vs David Gladun
Evgeny Gontarev vs Makhach Khvadzhayev
Aleksey Sidorenko vs Khalid Murtazaliev
Ali Yousefi vs Migran Arutyunyan*
Alexey Zhuravlev vs Shamil Tingadzhiev

Some info:
Chermen Kobesov is an Ossetian/Russian paralympic athlete who competed in long jump and short distance sprints. I can't remember why he is a paralympic athlete; either because his arm length or his sight.

Migran Arutyunyan is an olympic silver medalist in Greco-Roman wrestling at the 2016 olympics. His opponent, Yousefi is no joke; he has a 6-4 mma record.

Rooting hard for Maldonado. Think he can actually get a stoppage if Nikita gasses after not being able to finish it early. Who knows though, he's been looking deadly.

Always pumped for a Shabliy fight, but Martins packs a mean punch, and Alex is hittable.

I thought Diego Brandao was on this card.

Anyhow. Hope Fabio wins.

Adriano Martins vs Alexandr Shabliy

giphy.gif

Great fight. It will say a lot about Alexandr's skills -- even though Martins is on a downwards slope.

Always pumped for a Shabliy fight, but Martins packs a mean punch, and Alex is hittable.

He better keep an eye out for that counter left.

YKGxA1.gif

giphy.gif

Great fight. It will say a lot about Alexandr's skills -- even though Martins is on a downwards slope.

He better keep an eye out for that counter left.

YKGxA1.gif
Dat's a right hand :D

It's gonna be one of those fights were either guy could be winning up until he isn't, and finds himself laid out on the canvas.

Sidenote: Isn't it weird how Martins has very few sub wins despite being a grappler? Only 3 out of his 28 wins have come by sub.

I will try to catch it, looking forward to Shabily-Martins.

Dat's a right hand :D

Right/left always confuses me:p

It's gonna be one of those fights were either guy could be winning up until he isn't

Martins tends to be a rather defensive and cautious fighter. Like in the Rustam or Leonardo Santos fights. Both of those guys are really good fighters yet Adriano was very mindful in not presenting any openings so not much happened. I think the ball is very much in Alekandr's ballpark in this bout, it will be dictated by what he decides to do.

Why are you guys rooting for Fabio?

Why are you guys rooting for Fabio?
Tough guy whose paid his dues. Fan favorite. Kept fighting after Roger Hollett's spinning balls kick. Gave Fedor a first round beating despite all odds. Just a fun guy to root for. The Homer Simpson of MMA.

Tough guy whose paid his dues. Fan favorite. Kept fighting after Roger Hollett's spinning balls kick. Gave Fedor a first round beating despite all odds. Just a fun guy to root for. The Homer Simpson of MMA.

Yeah that's true but I can't root against Krylov. That was I wanna say

Any idea where you can watch this and is it on tomorrow night?

Thanks.

Sidenote: Isn't it weird how Martins has very few sub wins despite being a grappler? Only 3 out of his 28 wins have come by sub.
I like to call fighters like him "nullifiers", because their whole game is not to KO or submit you, it's to shutdown your offense, winning fights by the least effort possible, really hard style to fight against.
Other fighters i see the same way are Woodley, Raphael Assunção, Danielle Taylor, Julia Budd, Francismar Barroso, Kongo, Copeland.. all very defensive and well rounded fighters who will always try to exploit their opponent's mistakes, and that's usually how their finishes comes.

So, nah, not weird to me.

Where can we watch this? Also, anybody know how to watch ACB tmrw? Wanna see Fernando Gonzalez

Where can we watch this? Also, anybody know how to watch ACB tmrw? Wanna see Fernando Gonzalez

Check Jolassanda’s and Caposa’s Twitter feeds for a Russian stream.

Back