FIGHT NIGHT

Vito

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anyone else want to see this series revived?

I was hoping this thread was going to be some news on the series:oops: EA pretty much abandoned Fight Night for EA UFC. It sucks too because the Fight Night games were better.

I wish EA would have stuck to Fight Night and THQ stayed afloat and kept producing UFC games, because they were better at it.

No. EA needs to bring back Road Rash before anything else. Loved those games.

Agreed, they need to bring back Fight Night. I always enjoyed those games more than the UFC games (even the THQ ones).

YES!!!! Give me a god damn Road Rash game. Sadly I doubt we'll get another FN game due to the popularity shift from boxing to MMA, but you never know. Also, I'd love another Def Jam fighting game.

YES!!!! Give me a god damn Road Rash game. Sadly I doubt we'll get another FN game due to the popularity shift from boxing to MMA, but you never know. Also, I'd love another Def Jam fighting game.
There is a new Road Rash game that's been in early access since 2014 called Road Redemption.

I'd be happy even if they just remastered Fight Night Champion on the current consoles and charge $20 for it.

TPC + Ragdoll Physics = Win not a fan of the pvp but the single player was great in those games.

Yes. Fight Night's are the best thing EA has done and UFC is among the worst. MMA controls are harder to pull off and everyone basically uses the same mapping. They have 2 analogs to use and choose buttons for striking instead, which kills the flow.

I was unstoppable in fight night I could beat all my friends with Diego Corrales when they used HW fighters.

I've actually been playing this lots lately.. great game, funny how they make a better boxing game on the old consoles than their shit fighting games with new technology. Good old EA, always half baking there already shitty games.

I'd be happy even if they just remastered Fight Night Champion on the current consoles and charge $20 for it.
I just keep looking on EA Pass on XBOX and hoping to see it for backwards compatibility.

Seems like a smart choice for EA, there hasn't been a boxing game in a while, put it on XBOX Store for $20 and it will sell.

I've actually been playing this lots lately.. great game, funny how they make a better boxing game on the old consoles than their shit fighting games with new technology. Good old EA, always half baking there already shitty games.
http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428
“Frostbite is wonderful for rendering and lots of things,” said a person who worked on the game. “But one of the key things that makes it really difficult to use is anything related to animation. Because out of the box, it doesn’t have an animation system.”
While describing Frostbite, one top developer on Mass Effect: Andromeda used the analogy of an automobile. Epic’s Unreal Engine, that developer said, is like an SUV, capable of doing lots of things but unable to go at crazy high speeds. The Unity Engine would be a compact car: small, weak, and easy to fit anyplace you’d like. “Frostbite,” the developer said, “is a sports car. Not even a sports car, a Formula 1. When it does something well, it does it extremely well. When it doesn’t do something, it really doesn’t do something.”

The new NFS also had a lot of issues (steering glitches, no manual gear control, etc) because of Frostbite.

Explains why the next-gen NHL was missing so many things in the first release, half the features weren't even originally supported by it.

Last edited:
Just make fight night round 4 or champions backwards compatible and ill be happy. I never played those games since I never had a 360. I did love playing fight night round 3 on original xbox and still have the game.

check out Road Redemption. Its still in early access on steam for pc but looks to have a good number of positive reviews. Looks like it will head to console once its completed.

Meh, boxing is in too rough shape. I mean, who do you even put on the cover to market the thing?

could do a rehash of the all time greats, but that's been played to death. Probably best off doing a purely fictitious boxing game which is a sad comment.

Back