Fight Night Globals president releases statement about recent Russian MMA news

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

05a2d25720a17844dddd3263ed951d21.png

1) Seems like ACB is really dying and that isn't good for anyone in his opinion
2) Respects M-1 Global decision of turning into a feeder league, understands the positive aspects of such change
3) FNG isn't going away, but will have to release some fighters, specially the ones in weak divisions
4) They will try to keep some fan favorites in Russia such as Aliev, Mineev, Kopylov, Bagautinov etc

He looks determined.

I hope Fight Nights doesnt go away and survives.. have enjoyed a lot of their shows.

Last edited:
Honest and raw. I like it.

ACB was too good to be true.

I think M-1 becoming a feeder can be good if the UFC starts putting events in Russia.

Damn, it will be sad to see ACB disband. It was such a fun promotion. Pls, UFC. Sign Tumenov, Kerimov etc

M-1 is most likely to remain as the only Russian mma promotion.

The UFC's probably gonna get a whole bunch of high-level ACB champions and contenders for dirt-cheap in the next few months.
What'll happen to the bantamweights and flyweights over there is another story... I don't think Mizugaki and Michinori Tanaka are gonna be getting non-downgraded offers in Japan or Korea; RIZIN or Road FC would've outbid ACB for their services in the first place if they cared about 'em. If "FNG's clearing out their weaker divisions" is a sign of things to come, the top Russian flyweights and bantamweights' options are gonna be limited if the UFC or Bellator don't decide to get some of 'em.

He said that FNG will look to put on 4 big events before the start of the year as well as 5-6 events for younger fighters.

Mizugaki fighting in China in a couple weeks

I clearly remember a Vadim interview from years ago, saying that the russian market is very difficult and that the UFC would fail going to Russia... unless they asked for his help.

And now here we go, that is happening.

The UFC's probably gonna get a whole bunch of high-level ACB champions and contenders for dirt-cheap in the next few months.
What'll happen to the bantamweights and flyweights over there is another story... I don't think Mizugaki and Michinori Tanaka are gonna be getting non-downgraded offers in Japan or Korea; RIZIN or Road FC would've outbid ACB for their services in the first place if they cared about 'em. If "FNG's clearing out their weaker divisions" is a sign of things to come, the top Russian flyweights and bantamweights' options are gonna be limited if the UFC or Bellator don't decide to get some of 'em.
I think the *weaker divisions* are HW and LHW to be honest. Pavlovich is now a free agent and there was a report saying Krylov got permission to negotiate with UFC. Mikhail Mokhnatkin recently fought for RCC. Omarov hasn't fought in a long time. Minakov is into politics.. I think they will try to keep 125-185 guys.

That "next level" didn't last too long.

It woul be a really geat thing if Rizin could get ACB and Fight Nights stars & roster of fighters, and not UFC or Bellator. That would really light a true spark and life in Japanese ring MMA and make legit competition to American cage / unified rules version.
Russia and ex Soviet Union were allways important base and source of quality fighters for Rings, Pancrase and Japan scene, and at the end they all ended up in Pride.

It would be awesom if Rizin could find money and resources to acquire stars from Russian scene.

Last edited:
It woul be a really geat thing if Rizin could get ACB and Fight Nights stars & roster of fighters, and not UFC or Bellator. That would really light a true spark and life in Japanese ring MMA and make legit competition to American cage / unified rules version.
Russia and ex Soviet Union were allways important base and source of quality fighters for Rings, Pancrase and Japan scene, and at the end they all ended up in Pride.

It would be awesom if Rizin could find money and resources to acquire stars from Russian scene.
If I'm not mistaken, almost on every ACB event outside of ex-USSR countries there were cancelled fights because of visa issues. Perhaps only few Russian guys from ACB can fight in Japan.

I think the *weaker divisions* are HW and LHW to be honest. Pavlovich is now a free agent and there was a report saying Krylov got permission to negotiate with UFC. Mikhail Mokhnatkin recently fought for RCC. Omarov hasn't fought in a long time. Minakov is into politics.. I think they will try to keep 125-185 guys.

I hope so.

Can't say I'm shocked.

It's like any business that is more or less propped up by investors and not by good business. Slow returns or no returns at all over time they'll leave and take their loses and the business closes or goes back to mom and pop status.

Bellator should use this opportunity to sign some ACB fighters to beef up there weaker divisions

Back