Fight locations. Does it make a difference in performances?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know JOE Rogan no longer takes jobs outside North America anymore because the traveling is brutal. 16 hours to get to australia.. another 13 hours to get to London through a connecting flight from the east coast etc. Same goes for fights in Asia. It literally takes a day, if not longer just to travel.

Now I know some fighters like to show up a week before the fight if they have to travel a far distance. But you're away from your camp, most of the people you're used to being around and a lot of times you're cutting weight. Heavyweight gets the luxury of not having to cut weight so if you're London or Brisbane for a week before the fight, you're most likely having fun drinking and eating. Where as if Werdum lives in LA, has a fight in Vegas. Literally a 45 minute flight away, all he has to do is show up a day before the fight to get in scale and there isn't a lot of downtime. So he could be in his gym at Kings mma a day before the actual fight if he wanted. Do you think fight location affects performance? Having to travel a bitch of a distance takes a toll. Even if you're just sitting in a plane. I would say if you're a young up and comer, you gotta go wherever they tell you to go. But if you're an established veteran, you can turn down these fight locations if you want.

I find it kinda funny, they tried pushing Cain to the moon because he's "Mexican" had the fight in Mexico city, at elevation. CAIN then looks like pure dog shit. And now we want him at "sea level". That was such a dog shit excuse too. Punches to the face beat Cain and made him tired. Then he wanted out and took Werdum down where he knew what was most likely to happen. Soundly beaten. No "elevation" excuses please. Those are just like someone spiked my dick pills. Werdum was in Mexico city for like 2 months getting used to the elevation. While Cain wasn't. Who's fault is That?

hqdefault.jpg

Lol why does Sherdog hate Cain so much?

There's a new Cain bash thread everyday.

I know JOE Rogan no longer takes jobs outside North America anymore because the traveling is brutal. 16 hours to get to australia.. another 13 hours to get to London through a connecting flight from the east coast etc. Same goes for fights in Asia. It literally takes a day, if not longer just to travel.

Now I know some fighters like to show up a week before the fight if they have to travel a far distance. But you're away from your camp, most of the people you're used to being around and a lot of times you're cutting weight. Heavyweight gets the luxury of not having to cut weight so if you're London or Brisbane for a week before the fight, you're most likely having fun drinking and eating. Where as if Werdum lives in LA, has a fight in Vegas. Literally a 45 minute flight away, all he has to do is show up a day before the fight to get in scale and there isn't a lot of downtime. So he could be in his gym at Kings mma a day before the actual fight if he wanted. Do you think fight location affects performance? Having to travel a bitch of a distance takes a toll. Even if you're just sitting in a plane. I would say if you're a young up and comer, you gotta go wherever they tell you to go. But if you're an established veteran, you can turn down these fight locations if you want.

I find it kinda funny, they tried pushing Cain to the moon because he's "Mexican" had the fight in Mexico city, at elevation. CAIN then looks like pure dog shit. And now we want him at "sea level". That was such a dog shit excuse too. Punches to the face beat Cain and made him tired. Then he wanted out and took Werdum down where he knew what was most likely to happen. Soundly beaten. No "elevation" excuses please. Those are just like someone spiked my dick pills. Werdum was in Mexico city for like 2 months getting used to the elevation. While Cain wasn't. Who's fault is That?
"Elevation excuses" are definitley valid, and location FOR SURE can affect your performance. Flight time and elevation are one thing, then there's the hostile locals, and other things to mindfuck you.
Sea level Cain fucks Fabricio a new one

Travel affects you or at least some. I actually made this point on a Stephens/Aldo thread. I would say as to the Americas, a west coast fighter in NY has an advantage in a 10pm fight.

The flight, being away from home and your own gym, the home field advantage (for your opponent), all these things definitely play a role in MMA.

Lol why does Sherdog hate Cain so much?

There's a new Cain bash thread everyday.
Dude I'm not bashing Cain. What I said was true. Mexico city was supposed to be "home field advantage" for Cain but that's NOT his home field. Dude was born in Arizona and trains in northern California. That's his home field. If the event was IN San Jose. That would be Home field for Cain. It was just pure phoniness and I couldnt take it. So I called it out. CAIN was one of the most dominant champions at one time. Is that bashing him? That's also true to. But if I point out the not so flattering truth, I'm a basher? Come on.

I'm confused. Genuinely not trying to bash on you...

Did you start an argument with your own premise by the end of your first post?

Sea Level Cain is just a special way to say Post USADA Cain

Last edited:
Ever notice how Brazilians tend to perform better on home turf while foreigners always get sick and/or robbed?

Ever notice how Brazilians tend to perform better on home turf while foreigners always get sick and/or robbed?
Theres a million examples of Americans doing VERY well in Brazil. Kelvin vs Vitor, Stipe vs Fabricio, someone even beat Renan Barao in Brazil. But USADA has had problems testing in Brazil and Jose even spilled the piss. I would say its suspicious but you cant claim anything shady went on

Michael Bisping doesn't know what you're talking about.

Back