Fight IQ - Rock him twice, drop him. Grapple with him even though he’s a better, stronger grappler.

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
*shakes head*

Pedro looked good striking too. Props to OSP. He kept his composure.

Yeah, Tyson Pedro has the fight IQ of a bag of marshmallows. SMH.

Really dumb

At 26 though, I'm not shocked

He'll be back

"On paper", OSP isn't the better grappler.

The kimura is also Tyson move.

"On paper", OSP isn't the better grappler.

The kimura is also Tyson move.
Yes he is. OSP has submitted far better grapplers than Pedro. And just because you're good at kimuras doesn't mean you're good at defending them

That's like saying every power puncher automatically has great striking defense

OSP was finished like that by Latifi. Club&Sub with a guillotine
I can understand his way of thinking.

frustrating. i understand trying to grab a quick sub or taking osp down after you rocked him, but after osp showed great tdd, just back away and keep it standing.

he'll learn.

These boys dont smell blood

Yes he is. OSP has submitted far better grapplers than Pedro. And just because you're good at kimuras doesn't mean you're good at defending them

That's like saying every power puncher automatically has great striking defense
Prior to the fight I would've said Pedro was the better grappler on paper technically. The guy comes from a grappling base, has a black belt in Japanese jiu jitsu and a brown belt in BJJ. OSP uses a lot of power over technique and generally isn't considered a good technical grappler, even though he's rattled off some shocking submissions; he's still shown some pretty inconsistent wrestling and grappling defense through his career. The majority of the analysis I saw for this fight said OSP would be in trouble if Pedro took him down and made it a grappling match. I don't think most people saw OSP submitting Pedro.

that was the worst fight IQ I have seen in a minute.

Since Andre Soukhamthath when he fought Sean O'Malley a couple months back.

Not everyone in MMA is a smarty pants, mistakes get made, hope Pedro learns from this.

Tyson Pedro being a good fighter is a myth

Pretty shocking when you consider how good of a grappler and strong OSP is. Oh well, can't win them all.

Mirsad bektic has same problem. Is winning the standup exchanges yet insists on grappling

Stuff like this used to frustrate me, now I enjoy watching idiots immediately pay for their mistakes. Satisfying.

Back